Sat Nav CD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spera

Car
2002 E CLASS 270CDI AUTO AVANTGARDE
I have a 2002 E270 cdi Avantgarde W211 model with Audio-50-APS as the unit for my sat nav which has no post code facility and is black and white , directions are shown as arrows,no map. I have no cd for the sat nav , it was a [burned]copy that came with the purchase of the car and has now no life in the cd.
I have looked on ebay and wondered if these are suitable for my unit, these are the links and thanks for looking everyone , i appreciate ut

MERCEDES BENZ SATELLITE NAVIGATION DISC CD AUDIO 50 APS VER 3.0 CLS E CLASS SLK | eBay

Mercedes Benz DVD Audio 50 APS 2010 (unopened) | eBay

are both ok??

Ive taken the APS 50 audio unit out of the car, dismantled it to reach the head laser and cleaned it. Cds music reading very well now,but sat nav is slow,wondered if anyone knew how to reboot it. Thankyou for looking.
ps its a 2003 unit.

Its not playing any cd now. Looks like I need to fix the cd lens

Spera

Its very easy to upgrade from Audio-50-APS to the COMAND colour satnav system - esepcially if your car already has the Nav processor bracket in the boot. They are also cheap on eBay now.

a) Direct plug and play replace Audio-50 head unit with COMAND APS unit
b) Add nav processor in boot - you need wiring loom/kit from comandonline.co.uk
c) If your car does not have the bracket already you need the brackets and a boot carpet - look at left hand boot carpet, if the door in it is about 6"x8" its the right one, if its only about 2"x6" its not got the bracket. You get the bracket if your car has parktronic for instance

The colour system is much faster, also head unit has AUX in for an iPod kit (etc). It does not do 7 digit postcode though.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom