Sat Nav - CLK 55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottishman2

Car
CLK AMG 55 Cab
Have to confess that I am now confused, and cross eyed after going through so many forums. Help needed for this newbie!!

My car (well -- its the wife's car really -- honest!!) is W209 first registered 28/5/2004. It has a DVD Sat Nav system that has I believe the original DVD (Version 2.0). Is it worth buying the latest disc (I believe its £196!!!) or do I just stick my Tom Tom on the dash and be done with it??

Ahh...Once your post count is up ill drop you a PM, as it wont let me at the moment.

Last edited:
being Scottish .. I like the idea of it being "cheap".... or is that just a myth?? Thx npuk...

Dont use a copied disk. (a) its illegal and (b) the units seem to get much hotter with copied disks than original disks and that will reduce the life of the COMAND unit and that is an expensive issue then.

If you've lived with V2 for such a long time and you don't want to fork out £200 odd quid, find an original V11.0 on eBay if you can. There are lots of people (me included) who update the disks just to keep up to date. MB recommend every year, I recommend updates when you notice something is missing, unless you travel the country all the time !

Richard

Richard

Not thinking of a copied disc -- and have only lived with V2 for 3 weeks since I bought the beast.... but I will probably spend the money on the new version - got to be better than my wife turning maps upside down!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom