Sat Nav Cushion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wokman

Car
C180 CGI Sport BlueEfficiency with AMG Pack
Hi,
Just bought a new C180 CGI. The dash is pretty slanting ad hardly a place to put a Satnav. Dont really want to use the Tomtom suction on the windscreen also dont want to run loose hanging wires across the steering wheel.
Does anyone has any experience of using the tomtom bean bag?
TomTom Beanbag Dashboard Mount: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
I have a Tomtom Go 550 Live. It uses an Active Dock i.e. the charging port is on the mount rather than on the sat nav. Hence need to use the Active Dock.
Any views on where I find a air con vents for Tomtom Go 550 Live.

EBAY. Type in "Tom Tom Air Vent Mount" You should get a load up, I have just bought one, not arrived yet so cannot report back on it.

I've used the bean bag on my W203 and it works fine.

I've used a Garmin SP2720 on a beanbag mount in my W204 very successfully for the last couple of years. If you want something that mounts on the air vents, try googling for "Brodit Proclip", but personally I think it would end up being too low in a W204.

Some years ago I used a beanbag mount with a Garmin Street Pilot III. Under normal driving it was fine, but..... if you got a bit spirited the SatNav could go flying in the middle of a bend!! My son got quite adept at catching the thing.

How about a Brodit mount? I have one in my car and it's the best mount I have come across.

Pic of a Brodit mount:

800-img_0963.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom