Sat Nav disc !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fred_raven

Car
2010 s350 cdi
Hi , have just bought a very nice 2005 S320 cdi , the sat nav disc in it was ver 4.0 . Anyone here upgraded theirs recently and gave a disc lying around ! Looking for a ver 7 or above , at a reasonable price obviously ! :D

Answer here or pm please !

Hi, I upgraded my v4.0 from my 2004 w211 a few months ago for a v10 from ebay approx £20+ and works brilliantly. Genuine disc aswell.

Hi, I upgraded my v4.0 from my 2004 w211 a few months ago for a v10 from ebay approx £20+ and works brilliantly. Genuine disc aswell.
I have posted elsewhere my need of an up to date and 'legal' Sat Nave disc. My new question is, will a 2011 version Sat Nav disc work straight away when inserted, with my 2006 Command unit or will the unit itself need upgrading. I ask because I tried a friends 2009 disc in my 'boot unit' and nothing would play on screen.

I have posted elsewhere my need of an up to date and 'legal' Sat Nave disc. My new question is, will a 2011 version Sat Nav disc work straight away when inserted, with my 2006 Command unit or will the unit itself need upgrading. I ask because I tried a friends 2009 disc in my 'boot unit' and nothing would play on screen.

If you buy a genuine navigation disk then yes it simply goes into the navigation drive, updates the firmware and works.

If you buy a copy then those who pirate these disks offer a separate upgrade disk to use before the navigation disk. We have seen at least three navigation drives now that have been turned into a brick after inserting just such a pirated update disk. The only solution when this happens is a replacement navigation drive.

Many thanks, I clearly need to find out the cost of updating via the recommeded site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom