Sat Nav fails too work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
I have just purchased a 2006 CLK 350 convertible W209 but cant get the sat nav to work.
I enter the disc in the slot above the screen after the display displaying enter DVD but just comes up with error.
I have cleaned the disc and read the handbook but cant get it too work.

Any ideas?

Sounds like either the laser failing or a faulty DVD.
Does it look like an original or a copy as copies are known to cause trouble.

I have just purchased a 2006 CLK 350 convertible W209 but cant get the sat nav to work.
I enter the disc in the slot above the screen after the display displaying enter DVD but just comes up with error.
I have cleaned the disc and read the handbook but cant get it too work.

Any ideas?

What is the exact wording of the error?

Cd error

Sorry Alfie, you are trying to help me and I gave you the wrong error message.

With no disc inserted the message reads: No DVD please insert navigation DVD. I enter the disc but still it displays the same message. Then a few minutes later another message which appears over the previous message which reads: CD 0 Error.
I have inserted a CD in the slot above the screen which plays fine.

Any ideas?

What is the part number of the nav DVD you are using ? (lets check it is right for the system..)

R

On the disc it has: Navigations-DVD APS 2008/2009
A 169 827 58 59-B6 782 3944-Version 10.0-200 9648-136005

Yup, old but still correct for the car. I assume it is not a copy or scratched, so you've probably got a dirty or failing laser. Playing CD's is easier than reading data from a DVD (so the CD test is good to check for a complete failure)

Richard

What is my best course of action which will cost me fewest pennys?

Maplins DVD cleaner, but they rarely fix the problem.

PM me if you don't get it working I have a replacement oem new dvd/laser service for most Becker units front and boot mounted.

Cheers

Mercedes at Northampton have now confirmed as the drive has failed in the head and the whole head unit will need replacing at a cost of £2,095. So I will be looking for a good used unit and attempt to fit it myself.

Mercedes at Northampton have now confirmed as the drive has failed in the head and the whole head unit will need replacing at a cost of £2,095. So I will be looking for a good used unit and attempt to fit it myself.

These drives can be repaired/replaced quite cheaply.

Give Maple audio in Bath a call. They will be able to help you.

I contacted Maple Audio in Bath but can't be sure they could help me unless they have the serial numbers from the unit which means extracting it. Thought they would all be the same on the CLK model range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom