Sat nav module missing from used car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akz12

Car
2014 B220D
Hi guys

I've just taken delivery for a 2014 B220d. I'm happy with the car however the sat nav module is missing.

The car was over 200miles away so i've bought it unseen. To be fair to the dealer they did offer me a significant discount from their advertised price but nothing was mentioned of the missing sat nav module.

Because i've bought the car without having seen it, long distance selling regulations apply and i have 14 days to reject the car but obviously i'm not going to reject the car over this.

I wanted thoughts and opinions as to whether i should complain about the missing module or just let it be? Looking on ebay they are going for circa £100-150

Thanks

It's entirely your decision - but as you've said you won't reject the car, then there's no decision to make.

Id ring them and tell them its missing , say you don't want to reject the car if you don't have to, so what can they do to resolve this?

Was the car advertised as having sat nav? Or is it standard on that model and year?

Was the car advertised as having sat nav? Or is it standard on that model and year?
It is standard on this model and yes the advert did mention sat nav. It was a basic advert where all the spec that the car has was listed.

I could get in contact with the young lad that i was dealing with but i almost feel embarrassed to bring it up because they accepted my offer of £600 less without any arguments.

Id ring them and tell them its missing , say you don't want to reject the car if you don't have to, so what can they do to resolve this?
Yes i think i will, although i almost feel too embarrassed to ask because they accepted my offer of £600 less without any arguments.

It is standard on this model and yes the advert did mention sat nav. It was a basic advert where all the spec that the car has was listed.

I could get in contact with the young lad that i was dealing with but i almost feel embarrassed to bring it up because they accepted my offer of £600 less without any arguments.
They were clearly happy to accept your offer and the vehicle supplied is not as described so you have nothing to lose in asking.

Maybe just a simple error of cutting and pasting the spec from elsewhere. Many MB's of that age (including my C Class) came with Sat Nav "preparation"; ie. everything to make it work except the Becker Map Pilot which slots into the glovebox.

If it’s the Becker Module you can try one of them CarPlay units that swap in.

That looks great and certainly something i will look into

Maybe just a simple error of cutting and pasting the spec from elsewhere. Many MB's of that age (including my C Class) came with Sat Nav "preparation"; ie. everything to make it work except the Becker Map Pilot which slots into the glovebox.
Yes that is exactly what appears to have happened here

Yes i think i will, although i almost feel too embarrassed to ask because they accepted my offer of £600 less without any arguments.
I don’t think his acceptance of your offer has anything to do with it. If it was advertised with SatNav and it is a standard feature then it should have SatNav, full stop . It just needs talking through with them. :rolleyes::)

It is the Module that is missing and not just the SD Card or what ever they call it ?

That's right the black module which plugs into the glove box

Ah, so it sounds like it is just the SD Card. If that is the case SatNav is present in the car. These can be obtained quite cheaply, I updated my SatNav just before Christmas. Got it from Fleabay and it is just fine.

When we purchased the wife’s B200, from a well known and respected dealer of Mercedes used cars, that also didn’t come with a Becker module,
I think at the time it was classed as a non standard accessory and could be bought separately from the dealer.
We declined at the time and bought a recently upgraded map version from EBay.

When we purchased the wife’s B200, from a well known and respected dealer of Mercedes used cars, that also didn’t come with a Becker module,
I think at the time it was classed as a non standard accessory and could be bought separately from the dealer.
We declined at the time and bought a recently upgraded map version from EBay.
Same in our B Class, came with preparation for sat nav. I bought a Becker Map Pilot from eBay but shouldn’t have bothered, it’s very poor in comparison to google maps on my phone.

Ah, so it sounds like it is just the SD Card. If that is the case SatNav is present in the car. These can be obtained quite cheaply, I updated my SatNav just before Christmas. Got it from Fleabay and it is just fine.

Sounds more like it’s a Becker Map Pilot to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom