Sat nav module missing from used car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If there's a slot/bracket for it in the glove compartment, then it's the Becker Map Pilot satnav.

On my 2013 C-Class, the Becker Map Pilot satnav was an aftermarket option. And if you ordered it with a new car, the dealer would fit it themselves before delivery.

That said, I don't know if in 2014 the B-Class was sold with the Becker Map Pilot fitted as standard (in general, or for specific trim level).

I think that if this was the case, and if you can find some brochure or other promotional material from the period confirming this, then you'll be in a stronger negotiating position.

But either way, there's no harm in calling the dealer and see what they are willing to do, if anything.

Same in our B Class, came with preparation for sat nav. I bought a Becker Map Pilot from eBay but shouldn’t have bothered, it’s very poor in comparison to google maps on my phone.
I'm taking a look at the module which converts the unit into car play so that you can use google maps and waze on the screen. It looks to be great value at £130ish as that's what the becker modules appear to be selling for anyway

I'm taking a look at the module which converts the unit into car play so that you can use google maps and waze on the screen. It looks to be great value at £130ish as that's what the becker modules appear to be selling for anyway
Can you post a link to the unit you are considering? Might be interested.

If there's a slot/bracket for it in the glove compartment, then it's the Becker Map Pilot satnav.

On my 2013 C-Class, the Becker Map Pilot satnav was an aftermarket option. And if you ordered it with a new car, the dealer would fit it themselves before delivery.

That said, I don't know if in 2014 the B-Class was sold with the Becker Map Pilot fitted as standard (in general, or for specific trim level).

I think that if this was the case, and if you can find some brochure or other promotional material from the period confirming this, then you'll be in a stronger negotiating position.

But either way, there's no harm in calling the dealer and see what they are willing to do, if anything.
Yes mine has the slot in the glove box. I've sent the dealer a polite email asking if they can locate the module at their premises and just waiting for their response.

If it’s the Becker Module you can try one of them CarPlay units that swap in.

Looks very good have you tried this yourself personally? In my bmw i swapped out the original screen for a touchscreen car play unit and they really do transform the car. This isn't touch screen but will certainly do the job for waze and googlemaps.

Looks very good have you tried this yourself personally? In my bmw i swapped out the original screen for a touchscreen car play unit and they really do transform the car. This isn't touch screen but will certainly do the job for waze and googlemaps.
Not tried this specific unit no. But many people with the Becker MP are swapping over to this. No touch. If you switch to a touch unit you effectively change over to an Android unit some of which are questionable relatability.

I’m wanting to get the IMI-1000 for my NTG 4.7 unit - again not touch screen so still want to get a feel for how I get on with it!

Not tried this specific unit no. But many people with the Becker MP are swapping over to this. No touch. If you switch to a touch unit you effectively change over to an Android unit some of which are questionable relatability.

I’m wanting to get the IMI-1000 for my NTG 4.7 unit - again not touch screen so still want to get a feel for how I get on with it!
Well i've just gone and pulled the trigger and i will post an update as to how it is.

Thanks- will be interested to hear your thoughts.👍
Hi I have now received the car play module and I’m very happy with it it I can now see waze and Google maps on my screen which is much better than the rubbish Becker map

I paid £270 for mine but there’s now one up for sale for £219 which is a bargain here is the link for those that might be interested

T
Haha yes there is that. Although as a bonus i've found a removable tow bar in the boot
That's a result - they're not cheap if its a Westfalia one. I have one and i use it for my bike rack. It was something like £1200 fitted. (Mine came fitted from new - specced by the first owner)

Hi I have now received the car play module and I’m very happy with it it I can now see waze and Google maps on my screen which is much better than the rubbish Becker map

I paid £270 for mine but there’s now one up for sale for £219 which is a bargain here is the link for those that might be interested

Hi, I also have a 2013 c class and when plugging in the module (same as yours) and I click the navigation button nothing happens and I just get a ‘no navigation’ message. Do you have ‘Navi’ option on the screen next to the audio option? If you could help I would be very grateful as I’m losing my mind as to why it isn’t working 😂. Cheers

It is the Module that is missing and not just the SD Card or what ever they call it ?
In days of olde, they were known as TF or trans flash cards, I had a Garmin sat nav, and I had to buy a TF card for it I had to Google what a TF card was

Hi, I also have a 2013 c class and when plugging in the module (same as yours) and I click the navigation button nothing happens and I just get a ‘no navigation’ message. Do you have ‘Navi’ option on the screen next to the audio option? If you could help I would be very grateful as I’m losing my mind as to why it isn’t working 😂. Cheers

Try connecting the Becker Map Pilot navigation processor to your Windows PC at home using a USB-A to Mini-USB (not to be confused with Micro-USB) cable.

Download the Becker Map Pilot Download Manager software from the Becker website and see if the Becker Map Pilot navigation processor can be seen by the software. This will allow you to establish that there's no issue with the hardware.

Next register the unit online and download the latest firmware (updating the navigation software, not the maps) which is a free upgrade once the unit has been registered.

Then take it back to the car and try again.

If the Becker Map Pilot navigation processor works fine when connected to your PC but not while connected to the car, then there's probably an issue with the cabling in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom