Sat Nav not activated...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndySML45

Car
ML63
While I grind my teeth when people throw out vague circumstance questions or requests for help with little supporting info, I'm afraid I'm going to fall into this very camp myself, briefly.

Ahead of the my car collection on Saturday, the car has just been serviced (non MB) and the PDI? diagnostic tool has picked up an error on the Sat Nav. The vagueness comes into effect as I can't recall the error message i was given and I'm not in a position to call back until tomorrow.

When pressing the Nav button on the Comand module (2007 ML63) it say's something along the lines of "Sat Nav not active" or "available". I'm going to assume the nav disc is loaded (didn't occur to ask at the time) so I'm throwing this out to see if anyone recognises this issue/error and can shed some light on it?

Thanks in advance and apologies in equal measure!

You might find the Sat Nav has not detected a disc in the navigation drive and is displaying that message.
Before handing over payment, check to see if the nav disc is present, and if not get a £150 reduction in the price to pay for a new one.

ML (W164) 2005-2008

Yes, check the navigation works. Earlier ML units are prone to issues.

If it says 'Navigation cannot be activated' then there is a disk in there but its the wrong one.

You may have a disc in there but it could be a pirate one. I believe they can stick and throw an error message.

I have the DVD and it's an APS 2017/18 one for Europe. All looks completely legit but it doesn't work. Given the Comand head unit has just eaten a DVD and doesn't recognise there's a DVD to play in it, and won't let me eject it, I'm thinking the unit is just knackered Time to swap it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom