sat nav not working. Umi - Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin2702

Car
Mercedes c class estate CDI sport
I recently bought a 2008 C Class estate that has a UMI unit in the glovebox ( with connections for USB, IPOD and 3.5mm jack) . When I was trying to get an MP3 player to work I discovered it has a sat nav incorporated. To access the sat nav you hold down the "C" button next to the command knob. don't think garage realised this as no mention of it when I bought the car.
Anyway , the bad news is that it doesn't see any satellites, so doesn't work. I have looked at some other threads that suggest you can get into a "hidden " menu by pressing certain buttons?? and there is a setting to turn satellite connection on /off .
Local garage thought could be aerial in dash fallen down but checked ok.
any ideas where to start- connections, settings etc. Have tried "factory reset " in the sat nav mode .

Last edited:
I'm trying to find this out myself...

This system was originally called UMI and became Navigation 20. Its a dealer/independant fit aftermarket navigation/media system.

It uses a separate control box thats located in the passenger footwell. It has its own rather unique GPS antenna that is not available as a spare part. The unfortunate thing is that it is very unlikely to be the GPS antenna. The actual control box itself is rather unreliable. Ive changed probably four or five of them for customers. The even worse problem is that these control boxes are no longer available as a spare part either.

I do have one complete brand new kit in stock but as they had different variations of these kits with different connections would mean a complete re-install.

Alfie. I did phone Command (Europe ) and the person I spoke to was very helpful and offered to test the UMI unit to see what was wrong. However as the Mercedes map updates are nearly £200 , and everything else works ok at the moment I think I will leave it for now, and use my Garmin with free updates! Thanks for the advice anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom