Sat Nav not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jabrielraja

Car
C class
Used a 2017 c class recently with Sat Nav without issues. Yesterday evening I started the car and was presented with this message:

“no memory card containing software navigation inserted”

Why does this come up?

How does one fix this?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mercedes. :)

Probably just a software glitch, these things tend to happen randomly. The more complicated cars get, the more they happen, and not just with MB. :)

I'd certainly mention it to your dealer, especially as the car will be under warranty, though they probably won't do anything about it. There may however be a software update for the car, in which case it should be a relatively simple fix.

Remove the SD-Card, clean the contacts, then re-insert?

Book it in with the dealer and request a firmware upgrade under warranty?

Reactions: Ted
Thanks for the replies chaps

I’ve given up with dedicated satnavs and prefer to use Waze in the car or Scenic on the motorcycle, both of which are the iPhone. They are so much better.

I’ve given up with dedicated satnavs and prefer to use Waze in the car or Scenic on the motorcycle, both of which are the iPhone. They are so much better.

Can’t agree more. Still don’t understand why manufacturers don’t uk their game quicker.

If Apple CarPlay and Android Auto become de-facto standard, then this will shift the burden from car manufacturers.

I am aware that not everyone is happy with the Navigation options available on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but as said the point is that acceptance of these as a standard will allow car manufacturers to stop investing resources in development of navigation software.

The car manufacturers can’t rip you off for ludicrously expensive upgrades.

What is it people don't like about Apple Carplay and Android Auto?
Most people don't like the limited number of apps available.

Personally what I don't like about it is the fact that my car it too old for either.... :(

Most people don't like the limited number of apps available.

Personally what I don't like about it is the fact that my car it too old for either.... :(

Ah, ok.

I personally wouldn't download many/any apps other than waze or perhaps another sat nav app. It'll only slow the machine down a little. If Waze isn't available to download, I'd use it on my phone.

Ah, ok.

I personally wouldn't download many/any apps other than waze or perhaps another sat nav app. It'll only slow the machine down a little. If Waze isn't available to download, I'd use it on my phone.
Apparently you can have Waze as the default navigation app on both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, though the setup isn't obvious - there are YouTube clips showing how to configure this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom