Sat Nav Playing up on w210 e55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e55

Car
W211 E55
All,

Drove the car out of London on the A24 down to Little Hampton. On the way there and back had alot of problem with Sat nav/Command. It would be working then suddenly cut off and the sysetm would tell me that it could not locate a signal on the digitized map. The CD and radio worked fine but the sat nav just stayed off line.

I removed the disk from the unit,switched it off and re booted it then insert the nav disk again. The Sat Nav was ok for about 5 mins then it went off line again.

The disk I have is a 2000-2001 version so its quite old, dont know if it could be the disk?

Can anyone help me with this problem is, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

sounds like it could be a problem with the gps antenna - if its the external combined phone /gps one could it have become phsically damaged? its also worth getting a later map disc anyway - but that would affect the gps signal reception. also, could the gps antenna cable have been damaged in some way, or a bad connection at he rear of comand?

Steve,

Thanks for your help. The Sat nav was working fine until the last 2 weeks. I have not touched any of the electronics behind the command unit.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the antenna was damaged when I was putting on or removing the cover from the car. Sometimes the cover gets caught on the antenna and maybe I damaged it without knowing.

Is there any tests I could do to see whether the antenna is damaged or whether there is a loose connection or something behind the Command unit?

In the meantime I will have a look at getting a new sat nav disc and see how that goes.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom