Sat Nav Poem, Pam Ayers.

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Peter103, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Peter103

Peter103 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E 350 Bluetec 9 G Coupe.
    I have a little Satnav, it sits there in my car. A Satnav is a driver's friend it tells you where you are. I have a little Satnav, i've had it all my life. It's better than the normal ones, my Satnav is my wife.

It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive "It's sixty miles an hour", it says, "You're doing sixty five". It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake And tells me that it's never ever, safe to overtake.

It tells me when a light is red, and when it goes to green It seems to know instinctively, just when to intervene. It lists the vehicles just in front, and all those to the rear. And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.

I'm sure no other driver, has so helpful a device. For when we leave and lock the car, it still gives its advice. It fills me up with counselling, each journey's pretty fraught. So why don't I exchange it, and get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I'm properly fed. It washes all my shirts and things, and keeps me warm in bed!
    Despite all these advantages, and my tendency to scoff, I only wish that now and then, I could turn the bugger off.

ss201, Pontoneer, Colesy and 8 others like this.
  2. Chrishazle

Chrishazle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 1993 Porsche 968 Tip Cab.
    An oldie but goldie - and I speak from experience, as that's the satnav I have in my car - for the past 44 years!!

GeeJayW, SL500AMG and Peter103 like this.
  3. RonFleet

RonFleet Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C200
    I wouldn't swap mine for the world.

Peter103 and GeeJayW like this.
  4. GeeJayW

GeeJayW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C250d AMG Line P+ Estate (S205), MX-5 25th Anniversary Edition
    Thanks Peter, made me laugh out loud..

42-yrs for us so far..

Me either, hopefully she feels the same way...

Peter103 likes this.
  5. Colesy

Colesy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C230 kompressor
    First time I've heard that, just read it to my 'sat nav' and it even made her laugh. Well done Peter :D

Peter103 likes this.