Sat Nav question 2004 clk 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratman

Car
2004 CLK500
Hi Folks,
Completely new to MB's, this is my first so please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question.
Last week we bought a 2004 clk500 coupe for my wife. Boy is this thing complicated!!! Think I may have bitten off more than I can chew but hey, that's another matter.
Anyway, the first out of possibly 3.5 gazillion questions;
Satnav seems to work fine but no sound. Radio quietens when you come to a junction as if the satnav instructions are to take over but nothing. After the junction radio volume increases. Is there something wrong or is it something I haven't yet come across in the MB encyclopaedia of CLK ownership?
Any help/ advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Ratman.

Hi,
It may simply be the NAV volume.... when it gives a command turn the volume up like the radio... might be all it is....

Great car too... I had a 2003 model 500 years ago, great cars.... your wife will love it!

Which Sat Nav is it? - I assume it's not COMAND NTG2 because that's a pre-facelift CLK, but if it is I'll dig out my manual and tell you exactly what it says.
(If it helps, it probably is a separate manual from the car.)

As above though, I'd guess that some helpful person has set the nav volume to 0 (or near enough) because it's silencing the radio to give to the instructions, but you're not hearing them.

If you can't access the Nav volume from the <Nav> screen, try going in from <system>.

You can force the nav to repeat the last command and hence 'speak' by pressing and releasing the volume control. At this point it will adjust Digital Doris's volume rather than the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom