Sat Nav SD card

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

conn2

Car
Mercedes 220 cdi auto saloon
Just bought a 2018 CLA and automatically thought it had Nav , when i tried it the screen stated " no memory card containing navigation software" . The dealer states nothing can be done "because the car wasn't built with it" . Is this right,? i have read a lot of conflicting issues regarding buying an updated SD card which includes the software. What is the current status can anyone advise please what to buy and where.

You need to use a VIN decoder to see what your car left the factory with - there are links on here to VIN decoders. Other option is to email your VIN to comand.co.uk (forum sponsors) who will decode your VIN and tell you whether satnav is available on your car. You have not put your approx. location on your profile, so can't see if you're close enough to J3 M3 to be able to visit comand.co.uk, if you're not they can possibly recommend someone closer to you.

As per previous reply, You need to put your VIN into a decoder to see what is factory fitted in your vehicle.

I know that most dealers will remove the SD card to prevent them from being stolen and usually include them with the car handbook and spare key at handover.

I'm curious to know if your 2018 CLA was advertised as having sat nav when you purchased it.

As per previous reply, You need to put your VIN into a decoder to see what is factory fitted in your vehicle.

I know that most dealers will remove the SD card to prevent them from being stolen and usually include them with the car handbook and spare key at handover.

I'm curious to know if your 2018 CLA was advertised as having sat nav when you purchased it.
The car was advertised with Sat Nav and it was the only thing i didn't check when i bought it, automatically thought it was on, noticed not working when on the way home. rang the dealer as soon as i got home and the salesman said the ad may have said "Sat Nav Potential" which i argued never seen a car advertised as potential features. When i got off the phone to check the Ad on Cargurus it had been taken down. I asked them to mail me the ad and lo and behold there was no Sat Nav Mentioned it had disappeared off the top line of the ad. Mailed cargurus requesting the Ad but never got a reply so cant prove anything. When searching for a car i always state in options "Sat Nav" as need it for work. maybe easier for me to use google maps on My phone.. I asked them nicely was any chance they could provide it for me to save my disappointment. They replied cant do it as the Nav was not factory fitted when built.

It's possible it's sat nav ready but needs an activation sd card which is around £400 from Mercedes.

You could try a cheap upgrade card from Ebay that will cost around £30 to see if it was activated, but make sure to get the correct card as Mercedes changed the software in Aug 2017 and the two types are not compatible.

Sounds like your dealer is full of crap to be honest.
As you said - have never known a second hand car to be advertised as "Sat Nav potential". It either has sat nav included and operational, or it does not. Real shame that you don't have a copy of the original advertisment.

The SD Map cards are fairly cheap on Ebay, might be worth having a look to see if that might be an option.

As I suggested in Post 2, put your VIN into a VIN decoder to see if your car left the factory "satnav available or enabled", if you're not confident about decoding the details the VIN decoder reveals, email the VIN to comand.co.uk, Mark or Richard will tell you what you have and what is possible.

The car was advertised with Sat Nav and it was the only thing i didn't check when i bought it, automatically thought it was on, noticed not working when on the way home. rang the dealer as soon as i got home and the salesman said the ad may have said "Sat Nav Potential" which i argued never seen a car advertised as potential features. When i got off the phone to check the Ad on Cargurus it had been taken down. I asked them to mail me the ad and lo and behold there was no Sat Nav Mentioned it had disappeared off the top line of the ad. Mailed cargurus requesting the Ad but never got a reply so cant prove anything. When searching for a car i always state in options "Sat Nav" as need it for work. maybe easier for me to use google maps on My phone.. I asked them nicely was any chance they could provide it for me to save my disappointment. They replied cant do it as the Nav was not factory fitted when built.
Use the waybackmachine ( Internet Archive: Wayback Machine ) and see if it took a copy of the ad for you :)
Will just be a case of fitting a full release nav card - quite expensive from Mercedes dealers but dealer should be supplying it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom