Sat nav thinks im in Marseille france.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gooner1971

Car
Mercedes-Benz CLS 2006
Hi I've just brought a Mercedes 2006 CLS 320 cdi still trying to get my head around all the little gadgets. 2 things that don't seem to work trying to pair my phone to the Bluetooth of the car its found my phone but don't seem to connect. Not sure if this is because there is a phone under the centre arm rest ? The next thing is the sat nav when I push nav you can enter a destination but the map says im in Marseille france. I have the sat nav disc reader in the boot on the left im not sure if its picking up satellites as I don't know where on the screen this would be displayed. I was thinking of getting an sfter market sat nav antenna just to try and see what happens any advice would be appreciated thanks Jon.

Attachments

• 16135538045401561933238063859300.jpg
    16135538045401561933238063859300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
If you go through the menu settings on the sat nav you can check how many satellites the car is picking up. This it is the position button for this
If it is seeing none then I'd say you have an issue with the GPS antenna. Do you have a shark fin looking type on the rear of the roof in the middle ?? If you do I'm pretty sure you can get to the connections via the rear interior light when removed. Simply plug a new one in and test. If it works hey presto

Hi Gooner , welcome. You (like me) have an MB with 15 year old tech . I have the full MB Bluetooth 'telephony' in my car with a genuine MB HFP unit plugged in the armrest and frankly it's not that great. Bluetooth is for phone only (no music streaming) I have left mine as it is as I like to have an excuse to hang up on people who have the temerity to all me when I am driving :), but if you really want decent sound/nav/telephone and are willing to pay for it there are many options out there. Personally I would not throw too much money at trying to get the existing tech in the car up to 2021 standards.

Try alfie at

He is a long-time contributor on here.

If its a cls then the antenna is in the rear galss. When mine failed and would only show me in Milton keynes I had a replacement fitted at Command uk. They left the sharkfin as it was and just fitted a new antenna hidden under the parcel shelf .Has worked perfectly ever since (4 years). About £100 as i remember. Do you know if the car had been in france recently/ever?

If you go through the menu settings on the sat nav you can check how many satellites the car is picking up. This it is the position button for this
If it is seeing none then I'd say you have an issue with the GPS antenna. Do you have a shark fin looking type on the rear of the roof in the middle ?? If you do I'm pretty sure you can get to the connections via the rear interior light when removed. Simply plug a new one in and test. If it works hey presto
It has the antenna in the top of the rear screen.

If its a cls then the antenna is in the rear galss. When mine failed and would only show me in Milton keynes I had a replacement fitted at Command uk. They left the sharkfin as it was and just fitted a new antenna hidden under the parcel shelf .Has worked perfectly ever since (4 years). About £100 as i remember. Do you know if the car had been in france recently/ever?
Hi I don't know if the car has ever been to France. Where is command UK? I like that idea of leaving the original in place. Thanks

Hi I don't know if the car has ever been to France. Where is command UK? I like that idea of leaving the original in place. Thanks
Lightwater. Hampshire/Surrey borders. As above a quick call to Alfie will advise you.

Just to let you know guys all resolved i purchased a new antenna from Amazon (£8.99) rerouted this so it sat just under the bottom of the rear windscreen. Completely removed the GPS unit from the car to feed the antenna cable into the back plugged all back in and hey presto all good. I do like those cheap fixes £8.99 from Amazon.

Just to let you know guys all resolved i purchased a new antenna from Amazon (£8.99) rerouted this so it sat just under the bottom of the rear windscreen. Completely removed the GPS unit from the car to feed the antenna cable into the back plugged all back in and hey presto all good. I do like those cheap fixes £8.99 from Amazon.
Well done...must be the cheapest repair on a Merc in a long time!

Ernie

Hi guys a new issue has appeared it thinks im 40 miles north of where I am is there a reset ? Or can I recalibrate it some how ?
Thanks in advance

Brought another antenna still the same

Is it time to do what was proposed already at the first reply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom