Sat Nav units

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJH

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180k for Wifey, SEAT Leon TSi
On the face lifted W204 the Sat Nav unit is built into the dashboard but W205 has an iPad like unit.
Why have MB done this ?
I prefer the built-in look whereas the 'iPad like' device looks like an afterthought.

Totally agree, definitely looks an afterthought. Hence I now drive a Lexus...

Totally agree, definitely looks an afterthought. Hence I now drive a Lexus...

We need pics of it’s dash :D

Not too keen on it, but I've got used to mine.

I remember the first time I experienced the 'I-pad glued to the dashboard' it was in a hire car in Belgium (B class) . I found I couldn't take my eye off the thing for the first day or so as it was 'in your face' intrusive. I have had a few more since and don't notice it so much . But it is still not something I like the look of, better if it folded away.

That's because with the A-Class and B-Class, MB are targeting 'younger audience'. And iPads are 'cool'.

The E-Class and S-Class are for people with less hair where you want it, and more hair where you don't...

And in 2014 the C-Class was officially moved from the latter category to the former

The E-Class and S-Class are for people with less hair where you want it, and more hair where you don't...

:crazy: I just spat out my food

Because you realised it's true? ;)

Well my E class will be up for sale soon then :cool::p

I liked the built-in sat-nav display in our C204 and didn't much like the stuck-on display in the S205, but it wasn't for me a deal breaker. However, having had the car for a year I now like it, though the nav instructions can be a bit weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom