sat nav update disk question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s60r

hi,

took the plunge and bought the v8 update dvd for my sat nav.

i hear you can get the display to show miles to go and eta without pressing info? can anyone tell me how?

also the screen now shows yellow and red cars indicating traffic jams where it didnt do this before.....are there any other functions that v8 gives?

lastly do i need any comand software updates or are they all on the dvd?

many thanks.

To enable distance/time left press softkeys: display then map.

Sorry, you need the firmware update cd for the comand to display this.

i hear you can get the display to show miles to go and eta without pressing info? can anyone tell me how?

As Evdoc says you need the firmware update for this. If you search the forums you will find the part number of the CD. It only costs £10-£12 from an MB dealer and the installation process is explained on the CD Box.

As Evdoc says you need the firmware update for this. If you search the forums you will find the part number of the CD. It only costs £10-£12 from an MB dealer and the installation process is explained on the CD Box.

Does this work on the DX CD.

Alan

Bear in mind that your friendly dealer will downgrade you at service time as Star thinks your "too new" software is old.... so keep the CD handy to upgrade again!

I did not understand what the above is supposed to mean. An MB workshop should not start updating the Comand unit with their latest SW if their equipment are outdated (which they should not be at an MB shop) and they had an older SW release than that already in the HU. Can you clarify?

Can anyone tell me the difference.

I have obtained a firmware update disk from MB dealer in Spain.

Asked for W211 589 13 22 00

was give W211 589 14 22 00 with the comment that this was the latest version.

Is this correct or is it for a different comand aps DVD unit or model of car?

Can anyone tell me the difference.

I have obtained a firmware update disk from MB dealer in Spain.

Asked for W211 589 13 22 00

was give W211 589 14 22 00 with the comment that this was the latest version.

Is this correct or is it for a different comand aps DVD unit or model of car?

It is a later version, but for a US head unit while you should need an EU version in Spain.
http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+APS+FAQ-faq-10.html#16

Thank you.

So I would definately require the 13 version. Poses the question - why would MB inSpain have the 14 version.

Do you feel that this would screw up the head unit or not?

I did not understand what the above is supposed to mean. An MB workshop should not start updating the Comand unit with their latest SW if their equipment are outdated (which they should not be at an MB shop) and they had an older SW release than that already in the HU. Can you clarify?

If you apply the later software to a pre-facelift car (i.e. one Merc don't offer the ETA etc software for) then you end up being downgraded at the next service - twice so far for me.....

If you apply the later software to a pre-facelift car (i.e. one Merc don't offer the ETA etc software for) then you end up being downgraded at the next service - twice so far for me.....

Which dealer do you use ? Your dealer is exceptional - most take the view that they dont look or touch what is not broken !! In fact, most even wont know what the MY07 update is !!!

Richard

Which dealer do you use ? Your dealer is exceptional - most take the view that they dont look or touch what is not broken !! In fact, most even wont know what the MY07 update is !!!

Richard

Come to think of it, perhaps the dealer is doing the old "MP3 software update" because he puts the disk in and the unit says its different to whats in there ..
Just ask them to leave it alone.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom