Sat Nav Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hibbie67

Car
CLS 350 Grand Edition
I have a 2009 CLS350 Grand Edition that came with an after market android head unit' I purchased a second hand original unit which works fine. I wanted to update the sat nav but it turns out that the part number of the unit I bought should not have sat nav! Someone said it must be a "mix & match" of a couple of units due to issues with the CD loader in early versions. Does anyone know how I can find out which DVD I need to update it, the unit has a 6 CD changer and plays DVD's?

A CD changer in the glove box and DVD drive in the head unit sounds like NTG 2 to me (so the same as I'd have in my CLK)... except I don't think that was ever in the CLS.

This is the most recent map disc for mine: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2017/2018 for A,B,W203 C,CLK,ML,R,GL, Sprinter, Viano, Vito
It's possible what you've got is NTG1: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2017/2018 (V18.0) for E (W211), CLS, SLK (R171), SL (R230), Maybach, S/CL (W220/W215)

I'm sure someone will straighten this out shortly.

What confuses the issue is that the CLS got a facelift in 2008 (?), and at that point it went to NTG 2.5. - That also has an SD card slot, so if that's the unit you've got it's neither of the above (although I'm sure you could find it).

A CD changer in the glove box and DVD drive in the head unit sounds like NTG 2 to me (so the same as I'd have in my CLK)... except I don't think that was ever in the CLS.

This is the most recent map disc for mine: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2017/2018 for A,B,W203 C,CLK,ML,R,GL, Sprinter, Viano, Vito
It's possible what you've got is NTG1: Comand APS Map DVD Europe 2017/2018 (V18.0) for E (W211), CLS, SLK (R171), SL (R230), Maybach, S/CL (W220/W215)

I'm sure someone will straighten this out shortly.
Thanks. All 6 CD's go in the head unit.

What confuses the issue is that the CLS got a facelift in 2008 (?), and at that point it went to NTG 2.5. - That also has an SD card slot, so if that's the unit you've got it's neither of the above (although I'm sure you could find it).
Thanks. It does have a SD card slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom