Sat Nav Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HomeJJames

Car
C Class 250d Convertible
Hey everyone, could anyone tell me the best (and cheapest) way of updating my Sat Nav with something a little more up to date ? I think my Sat Nav was programmed by the Romans in 100BC by looks of things (well if the condition of the roads now-a-days are to go by anyway!) so I am looking to update - preferably with camera alert as you get on Google maps.

Cheers

Hey everyone, could anyone tell me the best (and cheapest) way of updating my Sat Nav with something a little more up to date ? I think my Sat Nav was programmed by the Romans in 100BC by looks of things (well if the condition of the roads now-a-days are to go by anyway!) so I am looking to update - preferably with camera alert as you get on Google maps.

Cheers
Depending on the age, mines a 2009 with command, mb stopped updates after 2015.
i contacted command and they can fit a new hard drive, update firmware in the headunit so it will accept all the new and upcoming map updates. They will take £600 for the privilege though

Cheers
Depends on which navigation system you have in your car.

Cheers
Hi , my car has MB Comand 5 in it.Mercedes dealer did the 2021 update and I was charged £75.00.

Pro - Maps are better and a few extra benefits but I hardly ever use the system.

Cons - Still so slow as it says turn left as you are going past the junction !

Prior to handling over any money I would want to see the benefits of the upgrade.

Hi , my car has MB Comand 5 in it.Mercedes dealer did the 2021 update and I was charged £75.00.

Pro - Maps are better and a few extra benefits but I hardly ever use the system.

Cons - Still so slow as it says turn left as you are going past the junction !

Prior to handling over any money I would want to see the benefits of the upgrade.

So the 'Cons' - there are the Cons of NTG5? Or the Cons of the particular update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom