Sat nav updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Behan1987

SUPPORTER
Car
B class
Hello all. I have a comand ntg 2.5 sat nav. What do I need to update the maps? Cheers Matt.

Welcome.

You need to buy a set of DVDs which contains the latest maps version for NTG2.5.

No PIN code is required, but make sure the DVDs are genuine and original, because fakes off eBay could damage your COMAND unit.

You get buy the latest version of the genuine NTG2.5 DVD set here:

www.comandonline.co.uk

Latest version is 2019 part number A219 827 27 00 and is also the last update which MB will issue for NTG2.5 (which is what I have in my SLK). It requires NTG update 09/29 which if you're lucky will already have been installed. Fortunately if it's not installed and you try to run DVD1 of this set, it tells you "update cannot be installed" rather than bricking your system. Despite my 2008 SLK having been serviced by the supplying MB main dealer for the first 5-6 years of its life, this update had not been installed (which is how, with the help of comand.co.uk, I found out about "update cannot be installed") so as I was taking both cars to them for a lot of stuff on the S204, they updated to SLK while we waited (at a cost, of course) and I then installed the map update myself.

I have the update DVD's (genuine MB) surplus to requirements if you're interested (I bought them "second user" off Ebay)

Latest version is 2019 part number A219 827 27 00 and is also the last update which MB will issue for NTG2.5 (which is what I have in my SLK). It requires NTG update 09/29 which if you're lucky will already have been installed. Fortunately if it's not installed and you try to run DVD1 of this set, it tells you "update cannot be installed" rather than bricking your system. Despite my 2008 SLK having been serviced by the supplying MB main dealer for the first 5-6 years of its life, this update had not been installed (which is how, with the help of comand.co.uk, I found out about "update cannot be installed") so as I was taking both cars to them for a lot of stuff on the S204, they updated to SLK while we waited (at a cost, of course) and I then installed the map update myself.

I have the update DVD's (genuine MB) surplus to requirements if you're interested (I bought them "second user" off Ebay
Ok thanks for the reply. How much you after for the dvds. Cheers.

£50 delivered, unfortunately you do not have enough posts to "start a conversation" so email me at my username at hotmail dot co dot uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom