sat nav upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
my brother has just bought a new c220cdi and was told it has satnav as standard but just needs the maps on the memory card installing in the glove box,is this right .

New C220 - W205 will for sure have HDD navigation! Previous model - W204 pre and post facelift, Comand Satnav is HDD based. Someones talking rollocks!

Actually ...

On W205 you can get,
Audio-20
Nav Capable Audio-20 (known as Garmin mappilot)
COMAND
(and there's variants for different countries, etc)

I think you only get the Nav capable Audio-20 version *if* you order the exclusive package, and obviously COMAND if you order that (which in UK is part of a different package and not available on a large part of the range at all). BUT i also think that if you order the Nav capable version, the SD card map is included.

Nav capable- Audio-20 ,and COMAND have a SD slot in the armrest. In the case of the Audio-20 it has the nav map on it. In the case of COMAND it's on the hard disk as Chris says.

We upgraded a Nav-Capable Audio-20 to COMAND a few weeks ago. Apparently we were the first in UK to do this ...

For those really techy people, the NTG5 Audio-20 and COMAND have firmware updates (and the electronic manual) are installed over ethernet, so are quicker than the slow old CANbus connection. - the ethernet is on the OBD-II connector so you need the pretty new diagnostic equipment :)

Richard

Last edited:
thanks for replies,he was told buy the salesman that all new w205's have sat nav from the factory you just need the maps on the sd card to install in a slot in the glovebox,think he needs to go and talk to the dealership again
thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom