Sat nav upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rammfam

I have a 2004 Clk 200 kompressor coupe and want to upgrade the NON sat nav unit to a sat nav unit, any advise, which unit ? How easy is the fitting , do I have to buy extras or even better is there anyone in the Chelmsford Essex area that can do the whole job, thanks Mike a 75 yer old petrol he’d that won’t give up, ... [email protected]

Hello Mike, you can either fit an original MB unit, or an aftermarket one

The advantage of an original unit is the original look and fill, the disadvantage is that it will be outdated by today's standards.

The other option is either an Android-based unit e.g. Erisin which some members on here fitted and are happy with, or a high-end branded aftermarket system such as Pioneer or Alpine etc.

Like your car, my car came with the basic Audio20 infotainment unit and I had COMAND retrofitted to it by www.comandonline.co.uk in Lightwater - well worth the drive. Drop them an email, they will tell you what your options are.

When you contact comand.co.uk, give them your VIN so they can look up the build sheet for your car and give you accurate options. As Markjay says, the original Comand unit for your car will be very outdated by modern standards and may well no longer have map updates available, the NTG2.5 in my 2008 SLK has the 2019 map update which is the last one MB will issue for this unit! Although you'll loose originality, a modern android unit will give you far more functionality and will possibly be somewhat cheaper than retrofitting Comand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom