Sat Nav warning - no valid TomTom subscription

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

540YMX

Car
AMG C63s Coupe
Anyone else get this today, Mercedes Me is showing mine as valid until June 2020.

A couple days ago mine displayed 'do you want to authorise Mercedes Me - Yes - No'
I was driving and it blocked the satnav.
Just thought stupid message doesn't tell me anything and I pressed Yes.
Don't know if it changed the contract terms - don't know where to look.

Anyone else get this today, Mercedes Me is showing mine as valid until June 2020.
It's supposed to be free for the first 3 years - is your car a 2017 model? If so then 2020 is correct and it should not be displaying this message.

Also, what is shown on the COMAND screen under 'Traffic' / 'check subscriptions'?

A couple days ago mine displayed 'do you want to authorise Mercedes Me - Yes - No'
I was driving and it blocked the satnav.
Just thought stupid message doesn't tell me anything and I pressed Yes.
Don't know if it changed the contract terms - don't know where to look.
I would suggest a call to the Mercedes Me help line 00800 9 777 77 77.

Mine came up with a Tom Tom traffic subscription error last night. It's fine again this morning and says it's valid until November 2018, so I can only think it was a hiccup at Tom Tom.

How do you check this information?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On mine there is an Options menu on the nav screen. Scroll through that and there is a "subscriptions" button.

It's supposed to be free for the first 3 years - is your car a 2017 model? If so then 2020 is correct and it should not be displaying this message.

Also, what is shown on the COMAND screen under 'Traffic' / 'check subscriptions'?

Appears to have been a temporary glitch when the satnav was phoning home it seems,
Mine came up with a Tom Tom traffic subscription error last night. It's fine again this morning and says it's valid until November 2018, so I can only think it was a hiccup at Tom Tom.

All ok now, hope that this isn't going to be a regular thing when it can't contact mission control.

Thete were many issues reported in the early days (2013-2015), many were down to faulty KOM modules, but also TomTom service outages.

But from what I read it seems to have been working reliably over the past two years.

Mine seems to work perfectly, I will definitely renew subscription in 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom