sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NIGSEY1

Car
mnercedes cls
Hi Everyone
Would appreciate any info going
Have had a problem with my sat nav/ maps on a 2006 CLS
The message came up cannot read disc or insert disc
purchased a few new discs but still the message came up
purchased another disc drive (second hand and came with original mercy disc ) fitted the drive .Still nothing
Fitted my old disc in
Reset to factory settings
Maps came up but stuck in Germany
Found the uk and set it
tried the sat nav punched in a destination and route >> nothing happening
turned the car off then on again still stuck in Germany
Getting to the pulling my hair out level
Not sure if I'm getting any satellites
Ny help would be appreciated
cheers

Try a fakra in the back of the dvd unit. Is it in the boot ??

If you aren't getting any satellites and the car thinks its in Germany it sounds like the GPS antenna needs replacing.

Comand online sell them (OEM around £75) or you can buy aftermarket ones that will do the job as well for around £10 off ebay.
Check the blue fakra cable in the boot is plugged in before getting another antenna.

Hi
yes its in the boot
but have found a second antenna wire ??

If its a blue end try that one , its possible someones tried a new fakra already ??

Had a similar problem with my old CL500. No position. No sattellites and wrong time.
It must not be the GPS-antenna that is bad. It can be a bad connection where the Fakra needs to be "wiggled" a bit.

If you google "Engineering menu" for the Comand you have, it can be used to diagnose
the connection between the Comand and the GPS-antenna; there will be a sub-menu that can tell if the GPS-unit
(that is an active device, powered via the center conductor of the coax) is "open", "short", etc.

You could have Fubar'd your Comand by using pirate discs. Apart from other stuff, they are thicker than OEM, overheat and get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom