Sat Nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TMP

Car
2000 CLK 230 Cabriolet
Thinking of adding a Sat Nav unit to my C200 Coupe.

I have been looking at the clarion NVS-613 Sat / Nav.
Anyone know if I will need a speed pulse generator or the location of the wire that will provide this feed.

Many thanks

I believe there is a speed pulse feed in the ISO connection.

Site is down at the moment, but I will get you a diagram of the connector.

it's the green white wire on the back of the ISO connector.

Thanks for the info.

I now have all the bit's to install the Clarion sat nav.

If anyone is interested in what it look's like I will post some info when the job is completed.

Also installing parrot bluetooth car kit

If there is any interest will post pictures ect.

pics:

navi2.jpg

tconsole.jpg

Very tidy

I picked up the NVS 613

Single din unit with popout screen.

The 203 C-class (which I thought I saw in your avatar) does NOT have a speedpulse related wire in the A-connector pos 1. The W203 gets its information like speedpulse and reverse through CANBUS.

greetingz,

Clarion NVS613

I have the intention to istall the Clarion nvs613 in my C203, do I need to by a CAN interface for the speed signal or is it available at the rear of the radio.
Do'es any one have installed this unit on the 203, any picture are welcome:D

Re: Clarion NVS613

Originally posted by hercules
I have the intention to istall the Clarion nvs613 in my C203, do I need to by a CAN interface for the speed signal or is it available at the rear of the radio.
You can connect to the speed related wiring somewhere at the A-pillar but I don't kno wwhere in the UK spec 203 C-class.
The OEM MB nav systems get the speed signal over CANBUS which is something Clarion units don't communicate with.

greetingz,

Speed signal w203

Do you know the colour of the wire for the speed signal to connect the Clarion NVS613

Installed the parrot kit and that’s very good.

as long as your phone is bluetooth it will talk to it.

Get in the and start the car and the kit take's control of your phone.

If using T68 you can even talk to the thing to get it to answer the phone and dial numbers from your phone book.

It also uses the speakers in the car and is loud :bannana:

My only complaint would be the microphone as this looks a bit naff but people say they can hear me ok.(Will have to look at fitting the MB one)

Will post some pictures of the clarion install not sure about it ..

So I have decided to remove it and fit the command system plus changer just waiting on MBenzNL for the bit's.

Nothing wrong with the clarion. The install is sound just not happy with a grey lump poking out of the dash.

For those wondering I fitted a can-bus in the car as I thought for the £100 it was an easy way out.

As for reverse I took a wire to the loom in the back of the car. The first attempt I connected it to the side lights and was wondering why the my position on the map wass jumping around all over the place (Sat nav thought I was going backwards all the time).

With that little hiccup sorted cant fault the unit works well and the map when you are driving is fluid.

Last edited:
I didnt think it was necessary to have a reverse signal - my comand seems to work fine without.
;)

CD changer install in W210 with comand was a doddle. Bought a Becker SIlverstone at trade price & just plug & play. Comand found it right away. But a known issue i sthat Changer mix & CD mix features are not supported. SO I went to my dealer & to my surprise bought a MB cd Changer (for my ML) for a lot less than normal MB retail. .... mind you I have spent enough recently to be classed as a trade customer! :p

NAV install

Nice one TMP
Did you use the MB back box in your bottom din, because if you use the MB metal back box fitting , with some minor modification , you can adjust how dip you can slide the navigation so it can be flash with the dash-board.
By the way did you get your canbus from MB, what is the part No::)

The din mounting was a double din unit for the w203 that I cut to fit (£19.00).

No the can-bus is one that I got from a local supplier.

Why is your Digital Climate control not installed yet! :p

Have you a photo with a wider shot of your dash?

Is that an phone console you have? Looks like an Origin Blue i, I can see too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom