Sat navi on COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrhig

Car
MB Viano
Hi can anyone help ?

Bought a 2010 Viano with a Comand Aps 2.5 . It thinks it is in France but long and lat coordinates are in Cambridge , but I am really in Lanark , Scotland .

Is this just the antenna ? lookedinto Engineer section navi ECU is red/orange antenna is white and NG is red/orange. Everything else is spot on , just the sat nav .
:wallbash:

Well that will make for some interesting trips just how many satellites are you showing lack of them will mean antenna trouble which on cars can be a DIY job,but the electronic boys will turn up soon

Just a thought have you updated the maps lately,of if you have just bought has the garage done that I seem to remember something about this happening and to solve it the old map disk was put back in and everything turned back on,and then it was updated again and everything was alright

Hi can anyone help ?

Bought a 2010 Viano with a Comand Aps 2.5 . It thinks it is in France but long and lat coordinates are in Cambridge , but I am really in Lanark , Scotland .

Is this just the antenna ? lookedinto Engineer section navi ECU is red/orange antenna is white and NG is red/orange. Everything else is spot on , just the sat nav .
:wallbash:

Go to the Compass display and see how many satellites you can see.

My bet is zero!

the w219 CLS I have just put a deposit on also has the same issue.

No satellites, thinks its in Oslo according to the nav lol

the owner tells me he got it diagnosed as a break in the aeriel/antenna

do these have to be replaced by genuine MB parts ? could someone link me to a replacement online>

Is it a fairly simple DIY?

I would think not these are just antenna I have never changed one,there must be somebody on here who has done it.

Alfie I will give you a shout as I want to talk through some ipod integration/blue tooth streaming options

Thanks for the info guys , still shadow boxing with the garage about it . They are ignoring me now though . Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom