Satellite dishes and quad lnb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I need to buy a satellite dish to be used for Sky and Freesat HD.

What is the best size dish to buy and any brands
to look for or to avoid?

Thanks

Tan

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

TRIAX make a good range of dishes and I have found Titanium to be a good LNB make.
Size of dish really depends where you are in the country. Because of the ASTRA 2D satellite position in geostationary orbit Southern Britain gets a slightly stronger signal than the North. Go for a minimal Dish size and you may be affected by weather conditions where rain fog and cloud may reduce signal strength. I would go for a minimum 80cm dish. If you are looking to pull in multiple satellites with an LNB array you will need a bigger dish. The one factor that many overlook or skimp on is the quality of the LNB cable and connectors- get the best you can afford- given the choice between a slightly better dish or slightly better cable----- cable every time! MERCEDES OEM supplier HIRSHMANN make good quality cable. The GERMAN TV system is largely satellite based so their stuff is usually good. Satellite dishes from the Satellite Superstore UK. Big discounts low prices. Transparent dishes. Motorised dishes, Cheap satellite dishes

Don't know your specific use, but consider an octo LNB. We started with a single, changed to a double, then a quad, then found we needed another feed when we changed tv (built in freesat)
Other feeds went to Sky+ box (2 feeds), + 2 x freesat from sky boxes.
The future may bring the need for more feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom