SatNav problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
I have just collected my 2009 ML320 with the optional satnav fitted, My issue is that I do not appear to be able to input a house number when I have already input a postcode, the option is greyed out, am I doing some wrong? It is crazy that I can't do this so i can't believe it is how the satnav is meant to work.

Thanks

David

I have just collected my 2009 ML320 with the optional satnav fitted, My issue is that I do not appear to be able to input a house number when I have already input a postcode, the option is greyed out, am I doing some wrong? It is crazy that I can't do this so i can't believe it is how the satnav is meant to work.

Thanks

David

Yes, his is how it works on mine as well (COMAND NTG2.5). I suppose the idea is that driving somewhere does not require the same accuracy as delivering the post to that address - based on the Post Code, the satnav will get you to the right street within a house or two of your destination, and that should be good enough....

Whilst I am a very clear fan of MB cars, the Sat Nav is not in the same street as that of a Jaguar. (I have had several of them and love them too........apert form the look and interior of the XF and latest XJ.). With the Jaguar Sat Nav, a full post code or an individual house number can be entered.......the way it should be. It's a pity that MB have not caught up to date in this arena.

Whilst I am a very clear fan of MB cars, the Sat Nav is not in the same street as that of a Jaguar. (I have had several of them and love them too........apert form the look and interior of the XF and latest XJ.). With the Jaguar Sat Nav, a full post code or an individual house number can be entered.......the way it should be. It's a pity that MB have not caught up to date in this arena.

I do like my COMAND... but my friend's Phaeton has a touch screen system, would have been nice to have it on COMAND.

I have an 03 w211 with what I presume is the NTG.1 sat nav & 4.0 disc & this gives me house No.s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom