SatNav problem

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by flowrider, Sep 4, 2011.

1. flowrider

flowrider MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL500 (R230)
    I have just collected my 2009 ML320 with the optional satnav fitted, My issue is that I do not appear to be able to input a house number when I have already input a postcode, the option is greyed out, am I doing some wrong? It is crazy that I can't do this so i can't believe it is how the satnav is meant to work.

Thanks

David

2. markjay

markjay MB Master

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    Yes, his is how it works on mine as well (COMAND NTG2.5). I suppose the idea is that driving somewhere does not require the same accuracy as delivering the post to that address - based on the Post Code, the satnav will get you to the right street within a house or two of your destination, and that should be good enough....

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    flowrider

flowrider MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL500 (R230)
    That sounds feasable but why not just give us the option.

David

4. Benzster

Benzster Active Member

Car:
    S 350L BLUTEK
    Whilst I am a very clear fan of MB cars, the Sat Nav is not in the same street as that of a Jaguar. (I have had several of them and love them too........apert form the look and interior of the XF and latest XJ.). With the Jaguar Sat Nav, a full post code or an individual house number can be entered.......the way it should be. It's a pity that MB have not caught up to date in this arena.

5. markjay

markjay MB Master

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk

I do like my COMAND... but my friend's Phaeton has a touch screen system, would have been nice to have it on COMAND.

6. flt.eng

flt.eng Active Member

Car:
    E320 avantgared
    I have an 03 w211 with what I presume is the NTG.1 sat nav & 4.0 disc & this gives me house No.s

Tags: