satnav Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frankking

Car
Mercedes-Benz
I try to update my satnav c 220 d 2007 I buy 2 disk of E-bay and try up date my satnav
but they are not the rite one,,,, now the satnav and the CD don't work
is there any way that I can put it rite Mercedes-Benz C Class c 220 d 2007
reg HG07 ZXK 220 D I would be most greatfull if you could tell me how to
put it rite

I don't know how you can fix the problem. The problem started when you bought pirate discs off ebay. Typically there are 2 issues. First, the data is corrupt. Second, the discs are low grade and stick in the unit causing overheating and damage to the player.

I think the unit is probably bricked. As Teego says the pirate discs have caused the issue., maybe Alfie or Richard at Comand on line may be able to help you.

Is it a W203 with COMAND NTG2 or W204 with COMAND NTG4?

If the latter, then the latest maps cannot be installed on early NTG4. @Chrishazle will have the details.

2 problems here.

First, if it is an early 204 and you tried to install an update newer than V12 2014-15, the HDD nav partition is too small, that can be rectified by comand.co.uk @Alfie (if you're close enough to J3 M3 to get to them) replacing the HDD - but that will cost you about £500 (been there - without trying the late update).

Second, if the discs you bought are not genuine MB, if you car is an early 204 then the above applies. If it's a late 203 you have quite possibly bricked your comand unit and your options are quite possibly either replace the entire Comand unit or replace it with an aftermarket Android unit. Either way, the bill will be 4 figures not 3!

You need to talk to comand.co.uk, who have forgotten more about MB ICE systems than most or all MB main dealers know!

I try to update my satnav c 220 d 2007 I buy 2 disk of E-bay and try up date my satnav
but they are not the rite one,,,, now the satnav and the CD don't work
is there any way that I can put it rite Mercedes-Benz C Class c 220 d 2007
reg HG07 ZXK 220 D I would be most greatfull if you could tell me how to
put it rite
If you have two disks for the update then itll be a W204.

A 2007 W204 cannot have the latest maps loaded as the HDD partition is too small. You will need the disk replaced which can be done for around £500. This includes the latest maps though.

If the system is not working at all then we can probably resurrect it so that the above can be done for you but this will be an additional charge.

Expensive mistakes with ebay sellers of disks are not uncommon sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom