SatNav Software Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am having similar problems with Mercedes Benz Southwest. I drive a 2016 C250d Prem Plus registered April 30th.

I understand this vehicle is fitted with Comand APS NTG5.5 Can anyone please confirm the latest map version for this. I believe it to be V13.0 2019 released November 2018.

My Comand is at V11.0. MB Southwest declined to update my maps at the 3 year point saying no updates available. Have I lost out.

The latest version is V13, but in April 2018 when you asked, V12 was available. So, if your still on V11, I would say they told you a lie and ask them to update it to V13 at their cost as a form of compensation.

Getting mine updated next Monday and they are going to update firmware at same time should it need it they said, how would I check what version I have anyway
Checked and mines version 8 2013, so it looks like it's never been updated

Right, the missus has just got in from work with the receipt from MB dealers at Exeter also a "copy for customer" stating VIN number, DVD number and License key for the map. It also tells me the map version which is: Europe 2019 V13 (the latest map version I assume). They also carried out a software update for something to do with the service prompt? It was cheaper than they had quoted too at £107 all in (quote was £120 + £30 collection/delivery) all in all I am very happy with MB Exeter.

I did email MB Exeter again to check that £99 was the total cost for this update and the did confirm that was the total cost to me.
I did mine and that was the total cost

Reactions: BMF
I did mine and that was the total cost

It would seem as though different Mercedes Benz franchises have different pricing structures ;)

Bit of a thread revival here, but I'm in the same situation needing a map update.
I've just renewed my "Live Traffic updates" via the MercedesMe portal, and I'd initially thought this would also include map updates.
The reason I say this is that I regularly use a newly opened by-pass that isn't on my current map. Assuming I'm going to get a live traffic update of any incidents/delays on my journey, how will the software deal with and show a traffic delay on a road that doesn't exist on the map?

But the system will be receiving all traffic updates, including anything on the new (unmapped) road.
It can't just ignore them?

But how would it display them and know that's where you are if the road doesn't exist in the map?

It knows exactly where I am, the screen just shows me ploughing across fields and rivers where there's now a road.
I guess the point I'm making is that I've paid for live traffic updates (and suggested diversions where roads are blocked) and I'm not going to get them on my regular route unless I pay another £120 for a map update.
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere when I signed up on MercedesMe !

Unfortunately the sat nav doesn't know the road exists and so it won't use it for route planning etc.
If you have the Audio 20 system then a new SD card with the latest maps and 3 years traffic is £99.

Thanks for the info Mike.
My car's a 66 plate, so presumably has fairly recent firmware.

Unfortunately the sat nav doesn't know the road exists and so it won't use it for route planning etc.
If you have the Audio 20 system then a new SD card with the latest maps and 3 years traffic is £99.
£99 is a great price for a new map with 3 years of live traffic. Where did you purchase this?

£99 is a great price for a new map with 3 years of live traffic. Where did you purchase this?

That's the price from the MB dealer parts counter for a car that already has the Garmin Map Pilot (i.e., the new card is an upgrade, replacing an older existing SD-Card).

If the car never had Garmin Map Pilot, then the first-time SD-Card will cost £499.

That's the price from the MB dealer parts counter for a car that already has the Garmin Map Pilot (i.e., the new card is an upgrade, replacing an older existing SD-Card).

If the car never had Garmin Map Pilot, then the first-time SD-Card will cost £499.
Thanks that is a great price from MB - do you have the part number?
I have seen supposedly MB SD cards for updating on eBay for circa £20 to £30 but these do not seem to include the live traffic - or at least the sellers seem clueless about the live traffic service!

Command radio in my 2003 c200 coupe the date keeps going back to aug 2000 after I set date. And start engine
Anyone know how to fix
Thanks
Wilfred

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom