Saturday night bash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ady

Car
E 220d Estate
Well I managed to keep my car blemish free for 5 months but it got rear-ended Saturday. I was stopped in traffic when a 4-wheel drive ‘tank’ drove into the car behind me and shunted it forward into mine. With the force of the impact and seeing the state of the car behind in my mirror (lights gone, bumper off, grill smashed, etc) I thought mine must be a right mess but all it got was a few scratches on the bumper and a couple of dents in the tailgate. The tailgate still opens and closes without any problems as well. I have been quoted £700 for the repairs, which I though was light considering the meat in the sandwich was a write off. Thankfully no one was hurt. It just goes to show how well the E-class is made.

Ady said:
Well I managed to keep my car blemish free for 5 months but it got rear-ended Saturday. I was stopped in traffic when a 4-wheel drive ‘tank’ drove into the car behind me and shunted it forward into mine. With the force of the impact and seeing the state of the car behind in my mirror (lights gone, bumper off, grill smashed, etc) I thought mine must be a right mess but all it got was a few scratches on the bumper and a couple of dents in the tailgate. The tailgate still opens and closes without any problems as well. I have been quoted £700 for the repairs, which I though was light considering the meat in the sandwich was a write off. Thankfully no one was hurt. It just goes to show how well the E-class is made.
#

Just makes you thankful for German engineering!!! :rock:

Many years ago Dad was shunted in his highly prized and much restored Wolseley 16/60. Impact shoved him forward about 10 yards, all thanks to an Australian buffoon in an horrible Ford Cortina Estate.

Cortina was a wreck. Wolseley had a twisted & mangled bumper and rear boot lid was a horrible mess.

Driver leaps out and cries : "No worries mate, most of that will polish out!

The reply proved that 20 years in the Navy had not gone to waste

Satch said:
Driver leaps out and cries : "No worries mate, most of that will polish out!

The reply proved that 20 years in the Navy had not gone to waste

:D :D :D :D

What amazes me about the rear end shunt I was involved in a few weeks ago is that the bumper is PERFECT, no damage or scratches or anything on it. The metal panel in front of it was dented but the bumper was fine.

I really wish I'd had a tow bar fitted, it would have gone straight through his front bumper/licence plate/intercooler/radiator etc. Might have made him more eager to stop and leave some details!

Well Shude, after reading about your rear end, I'm feeling lucky (hmm, that doesn't sound right :eek: ). I hope you do eventually catch up with the mongrels.
Mine’s gone in for the repairs today so I am in a rental for a while and I am missing it already. How do people put up with gears in traffic all the time? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom