Sava Tyres

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by mykulmerc, Sep 10, 2011.

1. mykulmerc

mykulmerc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W209 CLK 270 Avantgarde
    I need to replace the Khumos on the rear of my W209 CLK 270CDi. Have been pleased with the Ku's, had Toyos previously, which were fine too. To be honest I can't really appreciate the difference. I'm not sure of the mileage on the Khumos as I had winter tyres on last winter.

Has anybody run Savas and any thoughts on how they compare? Can get a pair for £150.

2. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.

If you like the orange triangle lighting up on the dashboard and are a thrill-seeker then buy the SAVA's.

There were some SAVA tyres on my 210 when I bought it and they were incredibly unsafe tyres in the wet. Very, very poor indeed. :crazy:

2 people like this.
  3. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Sava Nooooooooooo!

4. OP
    OP
    mykulmerc

mykulmerc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W209 CLK 270 Avantgarde
    Thanks...

thanks guys....any suggestions as to what you would recommend?

5. Olivier

Olivier Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E300 TD
    Same here, I was scared to drive the car a little more then I should. The rear was always trying to be at the front :crazy:
    Then I got Falken tyre, 452 I think, night and day :rock:The handling was so much better :thumb:
    First with the SAVA I thought it was the car that was too heavy and couldn't be driven properly, nope , it was SAVA....Dangerous tyres :devil:
    Now I got falken 912, good too, not as good as the 452 but at least I can move them around to get an even use, with the 452 you can only move front to rear but not side to side :(

6. ringway

ringway MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDI - A Fantastic Car! Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely! Also R32 & S4.

You could get a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's for around another £60 at Costco (if they have the twice yearly 20% discount running).
    I bought four for around £400 last year. They're fantastic and will last a long time.

[​IMG]

7. noogieman

noogieman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    My dream: Der Hammer AMG
    you like cheap tyres from Balkan buy SAVA but they might not be so good for a Merc, Sava is a river in SRBIJA

Sava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tags: