SAVE THE DATE - Benz on the Green 2019 - 11th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Please add my name.

We thought about that but not sure how we would police it! I suppose there could be a board in which people write their mileages down. Just have to hope that people were honest with it!

Goodness :( Where has all the Trust gone in this World ? :mad:

Please add my name.
There is no list, please ignore the list. :p

Why not ask for there Blood Group as well :mad:
I'm not sure that would help, but a look at someone's licence is an easy way to check that the mileage they've put down is correct. It would only be Tash or someone else from PCS looking at it.

I'm 3.5 miles, I don't think I have much chance of winning.

I'm not sure that would help, but a look at someone's licence is an easy way to check that the mileage they've put down is correct. It would only be Tash or someone else from PCS looking at it.

You don't get my point.

If someone asked me to prove my mileage so i can win a prise, i wouldn't bother coming !!!

You don't get my point.

If someone asked me to prove my mileage so i can win a prise, i wouldn't bother coming !!!

I did get that, but I disagree with the annoyance over someone asking for proof. If you enter the "distance" competition (which at this point is purely hypothetical anyway) and you happen to have the highest figure, I don't think it's an issue at all to ask to see some evidence of your start point. It's only a driving licence and it's not going to be scanned and stored so there's no GDPR issue or anything, it's completely benign and I'm a bit surprised by the flouncey anger.

"Flouncy" :rolleyes: How dare you cast Aspersions on the way i walk, Angry or Otherwise :rolleyes:

There are Two meaning for Flounce, as well you know. A little Tongue in Cheek ;)

Stay :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Indeed. I probably missed the tongue and assumed you didn't know what you were talking about :p :D

Anyway; what other ideas can we dream up? How about best looking driving licence photo?

So....although it’s difficult for me to commit that far in advance I will state my intention to at last do this event....about bloody time Dave (and others) will say...
I’d be overnighting in a hostelry and partaking too (again Dave I know about bloody time...oh can you pm me the chosen hostelry detail please, provided you don’t mind the additional drinking partner- lightweight in my case!!)

It's not that far for me either but nice part of the world for a hotel and I may try some of that Beer stuff, who knows I might like it.

Thanks Happy to go with the flow re budget. Don't expect to spend much time there so no need for the hot and cold running masseuse.
Car parking [emoji16].
Walk or short taxi ride to a decent pub would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well there's a Premier Inn just off the motorway:
Google Maps
It's only 15 mins from BOTG and is a short walk into Havant town, where there is a huge Tesco as well as the usual Wetherspoons and some other nice little pubs (Robin Hood, Old House at Home). We live just north of Havant so obviously haven't stayed there but it's newly built so should be OK.
I don't really know Horndean that well, but there's a Travelodge in Rowlands Castle (Google Maps) which is closer, there are probably some nice B&Bs in the area if you prefer that kind of thing - you'd have to ask one of the other visiting people though.

Any recommendations for a local hotel?

Some of us stayed at the Premier Inn, Horndean, comfortable and local to the event. All being well I'll be staying again, I enjoyed my first BOTG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom