Saving contacts to SD card on Win 10 phone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
I have a Nokia Windows phone (yes I know...) and I always save my contacts to the SD card

There have been a few Win 10 updates and it is now on the most current issue.

I want to add a new contact but the only options it now gives me are; Microsoft account, Google or Outlook.

There is no option for SD card anymore. I had it defaulted to SD in "settings" but that option is gone too.

Does anyone have any ideas (apart from "get a new phone") please?

I have a Nokia Windows phone (yes I know...) and I always save my contacts to the SD card

There have been a few Win 10 updates and it is now on the most current issue.

I want to add a new contact but the only options it now gives me are; Microsoft account, Google or Outlook.

There is no option for SD card anymore. I had it defaulted to SD in "settings" but that option is gone too.

Does anyone have any ideas (apart from "get a new phone") please?

Try this How to Backup Contacts & SMS to SD Card in Windows Phone

It doesn't give you that option because saving your content to a card doesn't make any sense anymore. If you lose that you've lost it all. The other options are cloud based storage and so you can never lose them.

Microsoft threw the towel in for Windows Phone months ago, so you're going to have to start thinking about switching at some point anyway, with that in mind, assuming you'll choose Android next, isn't it best to store your contacts with a Google account, then when you get a new phone, whenever that is, you can just sign in and all your contacts etc comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom