Saving e-mails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
I have a 1&1 e-mail account (for business use) and my account storage (1.95gb) is nearly full.
I've tried deleting some older e-mails but it is time consuming to sort through them and decide which I may need to access in the future.
I can't find an option within 1&1 to save the e-mails & attachments to my pc or to a disc.

Is there a way I could perhaps forward the e-mails, may be to another account where they could then be saved. Ideally the saved mails would need to be searchable.

Get a local mail client and connect via SMTP if you're currently using web mail. You can then create and apply rules for archiving, deleting, etc and run them on your entire mail.

Get a local mail client and connect via SMTP if you're currently using web mail. You can then create and apply rules for archiving, deleting, etc and run them on your entire mail.

erm.........
Can you say that again in language this idiot would understand:eek:
What's a local mail client?
What's SMTP?
How do you create rules?

Outlook is one of many local mail clients. Download any. Outlook is a good choice though.

SMTP is simple mail transport protocol. It's what the mail client speaks to the server with.

It'll download all your mail and any changes you make to it will be mirrored on the server.

Focus on getting a local client connected to the mail server and creating rules is a doddle, and you'll giggle when you see them run. :)

I've not read it but that link the other chap posted will probably help you connect outlook to your mail server. :)

Had a look for outlook and don't really want to pay for the latest version, and don't really trust some of the 3rd party sites for downloads.

Is Thunderbird a similar program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom