Saving Favourite Locations In Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
Hi All,

Quick question - how does one save a favourite location in Comand?

W209, MY 2006... which ever version of Comand that is :rolleyes:

My/Alfie's standard advice: -

Do not save your home address as "Home"" if you lose your keys the thief can nick your car and have it take them to your house. (or near enough to work out which houses are worth trying the keys on).

Richard

PS, I think you had a thread about retrofitting this, so I guess you just did.

Things to watch out for:
Navigation has its own volume settings which can be changed when lady is speaking in the normal way. An easy one to fall over is to turn it down while she is speaking and then wonder why there is no lady any more ! You can make the lady repeat the last comand by pressing the button with the speaker like sign (on bottom row from memory) - so theres an easy way to make her speak and turn the volume back up again.
If the unit was made before 06 and you find the traffic jams on the wrong side you need to get "The AGW flashed"
You can set the system to show ETA when navigating at bottom of map (or GPS location) - done using one of the soft keys shown after pressing map, any soft key, display (I think)
Map disks: V9.0 is missing a load of index data. If you have V9.1 then pls upgrade to V10 or V11(current) ASAP since if your battery goes flat the COMAND will not restart its navigation (until you put a V9.0 disk in, which you probably dont have at that point). V9.1 may be missing that index data too. Missing index data means you can't put in the road name (but it does know it when you are there) - most of Birmingham was missing for instance

Hope that helps
R

Well good information as usual, Richard!

Reckon it be time to upgrade the disk....

Oh and get a manual!!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I seem to remember on my old car you could "save current position" but I can't seem to find it on my newer one. Any ideas please?
Regards, Jeff.:confused:

Damn! :doh:

Postie was here at around 7.15am this morning with my V11 disk and Comand manual :D

I won't let you picture the sight of an old man dashing around to find enough clothes to answer the front door :eek:

Suffice to say, Comandonline's service is great! Ordered at about 3.30pm yesterday and delivered 7.15ish this morning.... can't wait to get out there and feed my unit the DVD!

Damn! :doh:

Postie was here at around 7.15am this morning with my V11 disk and Comand manual :D

I won't let you picture the sight of an old man dashing around to find enough clothes to answer the front door :eek:

Suffice to say, Comandonline's service is great! Ordered at about 3.30pm yesterday and delivered 7.15ish this morning.... can't wait to get out there and feed my unit the DVD!

What version are you upgrading from?

I used to run V6.3 but then upgraded to V10 recently quite cheaply via fleabay.
I will be interested to hear what improvements and/or differences you detect.

I found that V10 was very, very similar to V6.3.
In fact, if I had known beforehand how little the differences were, I honestly wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:
The disk I was supplied :rolleyes: with my Comand by the chappy in Lithuania whom also supplies BMW (errrgh) stuff was I believe a kind of V9 disk.

As soon as I got my disk, V11 I installed it in the drive and it installed "Samco... whatever" and reset the unit... bit of a heart in mouth moment, before restarting successfully - phew!

I shall be sure to give my impressions of V11 as thoughts arise.

At the moment I am just chuffed to receive a Comand unit in such (apparently) good condition :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom