Saw a new motorway driving technique at the weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Could have?

Tony.

I think the statement was related to this thread but the clip was an example of that rather than suggesting nothing ended badly in that particular clip!

I saw some more great motorway driving last night.

It was rush hour and initially raining heavily, which then eased off so there was a lot of spray and water that couldn't run off the surface. Not quite standing water, but a sheen of static water on the surface.

So, what do some drivers do...of course the rear fog light trick...some even went for fronts as well...
But then there were the ones that thought hogging the centre or even outside lane were the correct course of action...at 50mph...

They then couldn't work out why after cars had bunched up behind them for a while then started undertaking, or undertaking and overtaking simultaneously.

What possesses some people?

That's in my top three driving pet hates; misuse of fog lights.

One should be allowed to force them to stop and with liberal use of a hammer, prevent further transgression for the duration of that journey.

I hate that. One episode of fog that warrants fog lights and then three weeks of the nobs who don't turn them off.

Not sure which others have this but in mine, you have to switch off the fog lights to switch the lights off. This should be the case in all cars to weed out those who have no idea what is going on.

One should be allowed to force them to stop and with liberal use of a hammer, prevent further transgression for the duration of that journey.
A hammer to their lights or to their head?

I'm surprised a car manufacturer hasn't devised a feature where if the windscreen wipers are on, you can't put your fog lights on.

A hammer to their lights or to their head?

I'm surprised a car manufacturer hasn't devised a feature where if the windscreen wipers are on, you can't put your fog lights on.

Or a windscreen coating that prevents Satnav being stuck right in the middle of the drivers sight line.

Why develop ideas for safety when stupid people will always attempt to get round them.

I have noticed these traits seem to become a fad...the power of marketing/ social media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom