Saw this in the wild today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Designed by the lad on the wall? :D

I’ll buck the trend.

It may not be what I would choose but I like to see people who are passionate about something, anything, and especially cars.

The owner/driver has put some time, effort and money into their car, and if he or she likes it then that really is all that matters.

They and many others would no doubt not choose my choice of chariot either, even standard cars aren’t to everyone’s taste.
Mmm fair point and well said.
Mind personally I think the owner wants sectioning. 🤣

I particularly like the fact that he found the money for wheel arch extensions.....but not for wheels (or even just spacers) to fill them out!!

That reminds me, going way, WAY back, of a Ford Anglia (the one with the forward-sloping rear window) I once saw, painted in metalflake purple with similar large wheel arch extensions, but standard narrow steel wheels. The driver was a pale and very spotty ginger youth, pinched face with a long pointed nose with a red tip (all it needed was a drip on the end), and in the rear window was a sticker reading 'So Many Women, So Little Time'...

That reminds me, going way, WAY back, of a Ford Anglia (the one with the forward-sloping rear window) I once saw, painted in metalflake purple with similar large wheel arch extensions, but standard narrow steel wheels. The driver was a pale and very spotty ginger youth, pinched face with a long pointed nose with a red tip (all it needed was a drip on the end), and in the rear window was a sticker reading 'So Many Women, So Little Time'...
Ah the good old Ford Anglia. An older bloke near me has a '68 one which has either been very well preserved or has been restored retro style. 5.5J steelies, Peco exhaust, Corbeau GT seats, Cortina GT style dash, all the Smith instruments, Cibie square fogs on the front, twin 40 DCOEs, the works. Not a hint of rust anywhere.

I think that my favourite part is that it seems to have had a sunroof cut into the roof panel just like my dad did with his MK2 Cavalier company car in the 80's. There's sticking stuff to a car and then there's getting pretty brave to cut through the roof skin! The owner obviously cares for it by how clean it is.

Also love the dash cam interior mirror fitted under the factory one.

AMG///?? in his case an acronym for Another Massive Gaff.

I think that my favourite part is that it seems to have had a sunroof cut into the roof panel just like my dad did with his MK2 Cavalier company car in the 80's. There's sticking stuff to a car and then there's getting pretty brave to cut through the roof skin! The owner obviously cares for it by how clean it is.

Also love the dash cam interior mirror fitted under the factory one.
At the VW/Audi main dealer I used to was for we used to fit loads of those on Mk2 Golfs and Polos and even the angular early Audi 80's in the late 80s/early 90s.....much cheaper than the factory option which was only steel so gave no extra light.....happy days!

Looks like he upgraded from his old corolla, at least he got the spacers sorted on the corolla though

Attachments

• Corolla.jpg
    Corolla.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom