SBC Best Price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
At 32000 miles looks likes the SBC has had enough on my SL55!

So, now that I read they have gone down in price(obviously not at MB), where is the best place to buy one online?

Cheers.

If you are ordering this pump yourself, be sure to get the exact part number from your existing pump and check it matches the one you order.
Unfortunately the FX rates don't favour the £ at the moment and these pumps have increased in price to approx £750. Don't forget there is a surcharge until your old pump is returned to them.

Autoteile + Autozubehör online kaufen | autoteilemann.de
Click on "Go to Article" to match part numbers

32k sounds awfully early for it to go.

32k sounds awfully early for it to go.
I was thinking the same.

How old is the car?

Yes, I feel it has very low mileage for the SBC to have expired. I just got the red warnings & no brakes when I was taking off the front passenger rim with the car on the highest ride height & turning the steering left-right-left etc, was doing this as the wheel wouldn't come off. Hit a pot hole & bent the rim.

Warnings wouldn't go. Next day put wheel & everything back to normal & all ok again. Will take it out for a spin today.

Last time this happened just over 2 years ago at around 26000 miles, had the SBC checked & had not expired, so changed brake fluid & all was good until the above incident. My Indy at the time had suggested the unit could just be faulty although had not expired.

It needs front brake pads so shall order a set of Textar pads & will change fluid again to see what happens. I think brake fluid is due every 2 years anyhow.

Thought I should look into replacement cost & it seem they have gone up as had checked back then; I will be paying in Euro as I'm in Malta.

Car is a 2002 so would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers.

If the fault was the SBC (exceeded) the error would not go so no need to worry about that part.

Good point, hence why my Indy suggested the SBC could have an internal fault as it had not exceeded.

Anyhow, spent y/day running about & did a few heavy brakings(not at high speed) & all ok for now.

Will start with brake pads & fluid.

Yes, that could be an issue. As we are on such a small Island, we could be on the brakes much more often.

AMGeed, have you used, or know of anyone who has used them?

Cheers AMGeed...will have a read.

Grober, very interesting! I even learned that my car has more features previously unknown to me :)

First, it has hill assist by just dabbing the brake pedal on an incline, although the article mentioned being introduced on the SL in 2004 & mine being a 2002 production ; a bit better than modern timed systems as it stays locked until you drive off ;)

Second, which I have not yet succeeded :( is the SBC STOP. This applies the brakes automatically in stop & go traffic once you lift your foot of the accelerator. It is activated under 10mph via the cruise control but don't really know how :confused:

None of which show in the instrument cluster as stated in the article.

AMGeed...yes I remember that thread & actually posted on it too.

At the time, they did not have an SBC for my part number & now have been in touch as they do. It will cost more than mentioned in that thread; around €849 + €45 postage + €125 deposit. Then, return postage of my SBC unit for refund.

AMGeed...yes I remember that thread & actually posted on it too.

At the time, they did not have an SBC for my part number & now have been in touch as they do. It will cost more than mentioned in that thread; around €849 + €45 postage + €125 deposit. Then, return postage of my SBC unit for refund.

Still cheaper than supplied by the dealer. That 125 euros will be refunded.

I had two - probably three, counting the E320 - with SBC stop. It's not much use; unless you can judge your automatic braking distance against the car in front perfectly, you always end up either too far from or too close to that car when IT stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom