SBC Brake change INfO :thumb:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
CLS 55AMG
This is for anyone who is thinking of changing their brake disks/pads on a car with SBC

I was recently doing a search on here on how to change and bleed my brakes on a cls55 but everyone was saying you would need a star system to do it properly.

I managed to find some tools that done the job without the expensive star system listed below.

Normally you can not change the pads or disk yourself, as you would need to deactivate the SBC system. However if like me you like to do your own work, then read on.

You will need the following to do the job:

Sealey VS820 Brake & Clutch Bleeding System (or any other pressure bleeder)

Foxwell NT630 Pro (diagnostics Machine) this will deactivate the system.

Heavy duty battery charger (in the bleeding process you will need to keep your battery alive)

If you have changed brakes before, then with the above tools, you will have no problems.

The foxwell NT630 will deactivate the SBC system for you allowing you to change the discs and pads as usual.

It will also allow you to bleed the system if it is required. It will provide you with step by step instruction to follow.

Note!! you will definitely need a to have a battery charger hooked up as your battery will die in the bleeding process.

This isn't a 'how to' but it does provide the information for the correct tools for the job, if you want to do it yourself.

Disconnecting your car battery before replacing the discs and pads negates the need for any other equipment if you are not bleeding the system.

Disconnecting your car battery before replacing the discs and pads negates the need for any other equipment if you are not bleeding the system.

You don't even need to disconnect the battery. I watched my indy change my front discs and pads and he just made sure neither any doors or boot was opened to activate the SBC pump.

You don't even need to disconnect the battery. I watched my indy change my front discs and pads and he just made sure neither any doors or boot was opened to activate the SBC pump.

I think there is a sequence you have to follow befor this works?

You can also disconnect the lead from the SBC

When I last did mine, admittedly a few years ago now, I just jacked the front up, locked the car and put the key in the house.

No drama, easy job.

I think there is a sequence you have to follow befor this works?

You can also disconnect the lead from the SBC

No, no sequence at all. Just do as Daveenty and there is no problem.
Bleeding the brakes however is a different story but you don't open the bleed nipples anyway so there should be no air in the system just changing the pads.

Great info guys thanks for contributing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom