SBC Brake system HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doordie

Car
2005 CLS500
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2005 Mercedes CLS500 with 140,000km I have the red warning on the cluster and I got the code "C249F - SBC CONTROL MODULE FAILURE" can anyone please help to where I can buy a reliable replacement unit? MB dealer here wants $4,000 for a new unit +$1,000 in labor (I do not trust Ebay units as they may fail in weeks, months, years no one knows) any help will be appreciated thanks!

It's really difficult to advise you when you live in Tanzania.
It's possibly no help to you, but the pump can be reset with that fault code but the main dealers won't do it.
Do you know anywhere that works on Mercedes and has Star diagnostics ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's really difficult to advise you when you live in Tanzania.
It's possibly no help to you, but the pump can be reset with that fault code but the main dealers won't do it.
Do you know anywhere that works on Mercedes and has Star diagnostics ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have asked around but no one has star diagnostics, I am thinking of buying this reset unit from ebay to reset the system until I figure out where I can buy a REPLACEMENT UNIT, do you know where I can order a reliable replacement unit?
s-l500 (1).jpg

The problem is finding someone to ship to Tanzania.
I believe Mercedes themselves sell reconditioned units but I have no idea on price.

I believe Mercedes themselves sell reconditioned units but I have no idea on price.
Shipping is not an issue, I have family and friends in the US and UK, the issue is finding a reliable source that will sell me a unit with at least 1 year warranty. I found one place in the states that do refurbish old units but the only problem is they require the unit to be removed from the car and shipped to them and the cost for me to get my faulty unit shipped from Tanzania + cost of refurbish + cost of shipping it back to me + taxes = too much money

There is also a company here that deals with shipping of car parts from different places to Tanzania, they offered me a used unit from UK for £600 with no warranty, its an ebay used SBC unit with unknown mileage from the car it came from, so I can still use them to get anything shipped but the only problem here is where can I get a replacement unit that can be backed with at least 1 year warranty, MB TANZANIA wants $4,000 for a new unit + $1,000 in labor that is too much much money $5,000 to replace the SBC unit??? there must be another alternative

Hi,
From MB stated as re-furbed mine was £850, but will depend on exact pt.no. as there are loads of variations, if buying re-furbed or second hand unit make sure the pt.no. is exactly the same including the "Q" no. at the end of the main pt no. or you will not be able to code it to the car or you will have problems.
With that DTC code just reset it with the reset tool you posted a link to earlier in the thread, or get it plugged into STAR to do the same thing (Utube video shows how to do it) it as long as that is the only code and the unit is not excessively noisy there is nothing to be gained by replacing the unit. Especially as the suppliers of most re-furbed units will only be doing the same.

Last edited:

Refurbished pump £375 but you need to send to the UK.

O/P be aware that is only applicable to certain SBC Units hence pt no's listed.

Hi,
From MB stated as re-furbed mine was £850, but will depend on exact pt.no. as there are loads of variations, if buying re-furbed or second hand unit make sure the pt.no. is exactly the same including the "Q" no. at the end of the main pt no. or you will not be able to code it to the car or you will have problems.
With that DTC code just reset it with the reset tool you posted a link to earlier in the thread, or get it plugged into STAR to do the same thing (Utube video shows how to do it) it as long as that is the only code and the unit is not excessively noisy there is nothing to be gained by replacing the unit. Especially as the suppliers of most re-furbed units will only be doing the same.
the unit has no strange sound, just the normal sound it makes to pressurize the system and only 1 code the c249f

it will be too expensive for me to send the unit for repair and then send it back, the only option for me is to buy and get it shipped here, the only problem I have is that I don't know a reliable place where I can get a replacement unit that will last long, I don't trust used ones they might be already on the way out you never know

Try bosch directly....

Hi
Bosch will no longer deal retail with these units, only trade.
If there is no noise, and that is the only code then just reset it with that tool you posted earlier, and forget about it.

Hi
Bosch will no longer deal retail with these units, only trade.
If there is no noise, and that is the only code then just reset it with that tool you posted earlier, and forget about it.
I will try with the OBD reset tool hopefully it woks

There are 2 Bosch dealers lists on the Bosch Automotive web site for Tanzania, I'd simply give these folks the part number and ask for a price of you do not want to buy from abroad.

There are 2 Bosch dealers lists on the Bosch Automotive web site for Tanzania, I'd simply give these folks the part number and ask for a price of you do not want to buy from abroad.
I checked with them, all they do is service diesel injector pumps

the SBC unit was replaced free of charge by Mercedes dealer, thanks to everyone who helped me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom