SBC coding issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
My w211 is stuck in Park with 3 malfunctions showing on the display, "Visit workshop, service brake", "ESP defective" and "ABS defective"

I can unlock the shifter using the over ride switch and then the car drives fine and the brakes work without any problem.

I've changed the brake switch just in case and that hasn't had any effect. I've also turned the steering lock to lock a few times just in case. Also to no effect.

A few days ago one of the brake pipes on the underside of the car burst (Rusted through) and I managed to get a mechanic to replace both brake pipes for the rear wheels, and also fit a new SBC pump at the same time as I'd had it for a few months as I've had the "Service brake" warning light on for a while so bought the part ready.

New brake lines fitted, new pump fitted, and a complete brake flush using dot4+ bought from the main dealer.

The mechanic managed to use star for the brake bleed and got the new pump working, but couldn't get the sbc pump and the esp ecu working together.

For the ref, the replacement sbc pump is the same part number as the old one, and was brand new, so hadn't been coded to a car previously.

Is this something that is best taking to a main dealer to sort?, or should it be easy to deal with using star for an indy?

Are there any other potential causes I could look into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom