SBC fault - noisy and crabs on one corner at startup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sicario

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 2009 E350 Avantguarde
Im aware i have an SBC fault and need to get it reset etc. As im getting the service brake visit workshop message, everything else checks out, new discs pads wear sensors brake switch etc.

As soon as i unlock the car it activates the sbc and it moo`s like a cow, 7 times out of 10 as im pulling away slowly its locking up the front near side wheel ONLY and slows the car down while pulling the car to the left, while its doing this the yellow ESP triangle flashes on the dash and then the ESP defective warning comes up. It does it for a few seconds then its fine, doesnt do it all again until i stop and switch off then restart etc. Im also aware that my SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) could be faulty.

Sometime after i start the car it doesnt do it, no ESP fault and the cruise control works fine suggesting an intermittent fault.

Any ideas? Will an SBC reset clear this? is it the SAS causing it all? could the wheel speed sensor on that corner be faulty? Im not getting any ABS faults

Thanks in advance

Ive got an icarsoft MB2 which i realise isnt a STAR but it has suggested to check the SAS, it hasnt pointed to anything else, but that doesnt mean that something else isnt the culprit, right?

So what your saying is, because my SAS is probably faulty its incorrectly activating my SBC and making one caliper lock up when pulling away??

I might just try cleaning the SAS just to see what happens, my gut still tells me that the NSF wheel speed sensor is playing up

Ive just been out with my icarsoft mb2 and did some more digging, i saw a new code pop up, change b24/15 lateral acceleration sensor, ive been doing some research and just wanted to clarify with you guys, the experts, my car is a 2004 w211 E320 cdi, on my car is the sensor located under the drivers seat/rear foot-well under the carpet? or under the rear seat? Thanks in advance

p.s. i cleared some historic codes and the `service brake visit workshop` message is gone, just the ESP defective message appears now.

I would say its in the same place, under drivers seat on RHD, does anyone agree?

So today i ordered one of these £25 SBC reset tools that you plug into the OBD port and it clears the c249f code "operating time of component A7/3 (SBC hydraulic) is exceeded" , you know the thing you get charged £150 for to reset the sbc runtime?? so hopefully that will be a step in the right direction, i also ordered a replacement lateral speed/yaw sensor as my icarsoft mb2 suggested that the b24/15 component was faulty aswell as giving me a c249f fault code for my sbc.

Has anyone used one of these cheap SBC rest tools?

Ill keep you posted either way...

So, you are blindly resetting (and extending the service life of) a safety critical component?

Is it not common knowledge that when you get the C249f error code that infact the sbc is not at the end of its life? Baring in mind ive not had any RED warning messages....

Has anyone used one of these cheap SBC rest tools?

Ill keep you posted either way...

No, never would.
Last thing I'm ever doing is plugging in some cheap module to interfere with any of my critical systems.

Get it scanned and fixed properly.

Assume the brake light switch has been done?

Yes mate, replaced it, checked discs pads sensors fluid etc.

Some of you will be pleased to know that the sbc reset tool did not work. I finally checked the aux battery, its a brand new exide AGM showing 12.7v resting. The main battery is a Yuasa AGM showing 12.2v resting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom