SBC Red Warning on Dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killie77

Car
E270cdi
Driving along this morning. Brake Alert warning came up on the dash.
i'm guessing it's the SBC thats giving the warning as it's all in Red with a buzzer going off at the same time. Strange thing I haven't had a prior warning which I thought was supposed to happen first. Car has done just over 98000 miles
on 04 Plate. Just before this happened it was up on the ramp having the suspension checked. Need 2 new lower arm ball joints according to the Indy.
Drove out of their went about 4 hundred yards and the dash lit up like a christmas tree.
Ian

Not just the parking brake not releasing fully ? That happened on my S203 and that's all it was .

Thanks for the reply.
Tried the parking brake at the time warning was flashing on the dash it seemed to be fully released. What worried me more was that I was having to put a lot of pressure on the Brake pedal to come to a stop. Which seemed to echo the warning on the dash.
Ian

Best take it in to have codes read then .

Thanks, have left it for a couple of hours. Will try starting up to see if the Fault is still their,
If not will get it booked in tomorrow.
Ian

Well been down started up same problem (Reduced Braking Power) message.
I noticed when I unlocked the Car I heard what sounded like a motor starting up under the bonnet, this lasts for about 20 seconds then stops. I'm wondering if this would be the SBC unit ?
Thanks
ian

Here's a list of manufacture dates for the SBC units...

bosch+date+codes.jpg

Fig B first 3 digits....

138083d1219795018-scary-experience-sbc_replace.jpg

If it is original and not been replaced 12 years you would expect it to be ready to be replaced I guess?

Thanks for the info.
Have it booked in tomorrow to go on the Star Machine. I have a feeling it's the original unit in their so i guess it would need a replacement.
Was going to have the lower Ball Joints replaced this Wednesday, had a quote of £340 parts and labour if the SBC has to be replaced as well i'm not sure if I want to spend that much on an 11 year old vehicle..
On the other hand selling it as it is would mean putting it on Ebay for spares or repair.
I guess I'm in a tricky position keep and fix it or try and find something else to throw money at :(
Ian

Pump can be had for around £650 now direct from Bosch.

Has been discussed on here before.

The car has been in this morning. According o the Star machine the drivers side front caliper is sticking will find out more tomorrow when they strip it down.
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom