SBC replacement units from Bosch direct at €600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It really annoys me that Mercedes felt the need to make over 100% mark up on a unit that they were replacing for some customer FOC.

Ive got a supplier account Bosch account, so that could be very useful

Had mine replaced... As far as I know not vehicle specfic. IIRC did need STAR to go through the proper purge process?

Dam had mine done recently !!!

It really annoys me that Mercedes felt the need to make over 100% mark up on a unit that they were replacing for some customer FOC.

100% wont be right as MB wont be paying 600... They will be making at least 3-400% at the prices they pay.

Although you have to consider supply chain costs that MB incur too, these arent insignificant.

totally agree...Bosch price to MB assy plant is based on volume model supply over vehicle lifetime, I would guess at a price of £200>250 max....

100% wont be right as MB wont be paying 600... They will be making at least 3-400% at the prices they pay.

Although you have to consider supply chain costs that MB incur too, these arent insignificant.

Last edited:

I agree, if they are £500 including tax from Bosch on a single unit I would think Mercedes are paying around £200 a unit on the millions they bought.

They could have done this as a £300 part that was fitted at the 100k mile service, and expense people could have seen coming and budgeted for, and also it would have not ****** people off when it did happen.

Bad marketing decision from Mercedes imho.

Now that's sticking it to the man!

At least now not quite so many W211s will be written off - which is great news because they are great cars overall.

I can spend the money on an LSD instead. :bannana:

Bit pants if you've recently had yours done but then who knew this was coming?

With no alternative on the horizon, you can't leave your car parked up until something like this does happen (and there was no guarantee it would happen).

They could have done this as a £300 part that was fitted at the 100k mile service, and expense people could have seen coming and budgeted for, and also it would have not ****** people off when it did happen.

Bad marketing decision from Mercedes imho.

Totally agree.

Is anyone else not even thinking about braking in their W211 anymore too now?

:D

Might buy one just to keep for when mine does need one! Almost bought one the other day for £750 on eBay from a Mercedes dealer on there. Glad I didn't now! Is it around the 100k mark they tend to need one? (I know it goes on the amount of time the pedals been pressed)

Are Bosch still selling these direct ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom