SBC/Secondary battery replacement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

splitpin

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E500, CL500
My secondary/SBC battery is due for replacement.
I do not want the franchised dealer version if I can locate a cheaper/reliable AGM alternative.
Is there a suitable source known to anyone ?

I spent a long time looking for an alternative for the auxiliary battery for my R230, in the end the dealer was the cheapest place, not by much, but still cheaper.

My secondary/SBC battery is due for replacement.
I do not want the franchised dealer version if I can locate a cheaper/reliable AGM alternative.
Is there a suitable source known to anyone ?

How much is the dealership charging for the MB part?

I spent a long time looking for an alternative for the auxiliary battery for my R230, in the end the dealer was the cheapest place, not by much, but still cheaper.

Yes, I have been looking long & hard this morning.
I really do not like giving M-B any money at all !

£95 spread over the expected lifetime of the battery really isn't significant

I’ve just replaced the small battery it was about 90 at the dealer and the one I removed was the original so it lasted 15years and was still going ok so worth it, The merc paperwork looks good in the history aswell.

Thanks very much coalville126 & OneForThe Road, I will check those out. Very much appreciated.
My Google search skills obviously need attention.

I’ve just replaced the small battery it was about 90 at the dealer and the one I removed was the original so it lasted 15years and was still going ok so worth it, The merc paperwork looks good in the history aswell.

Mine is of similar age too but has been causing short term error messages recently, so its time to replace it

I got a lot of convenience features inactive messages quite often and mine was the big battery, it was fine but not the right style of battery for the car and it didn’t like it been fine ever since the right ones been fitted, but I did the little battery just because it was old fine but old.

A Varta aux battery from Tayna is under £45 delivered

I got mine as a new branded MB product from ebay for about £70 delivered about a year ago. there were quite a few on there. Incidentally when I took the old one out (in 2019) it was date stamped july 2005. so was the original item!! 14 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom