SBC Service Brake Visit Workshop FIX!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know of another example recently which was replaced for free.

However, it is very much the exception now.

You need to have FMBSH, some hen's teeth, rocking horse **** and a JPMorgan Chase Palladium card - and you might be in with a chance.

Arguably, if you have the last one, you probably don't have a car with SBC anyway.

Arguably, if you have the last one, you probably don't have a car with SBC anyway.

Don't forget that SBC was also found in a Maybach...;)

I have done quite a few now. About 70% are do-able. If I can't fix it there is no charge.

I am waiting for mine...I am not worried about it as I would not have bought a W211 if I was...as already advised they can be re-set once (extending the operation cycle), then after that I think its a change...

Are these 'visit workshop' SBC warnings also time related? My R230 is a May 2002 but only has 29k miles on it.

Not time related...works on timed out cycles, I think its circa 300k...

Are these 'visit workshop' SBC warnings also time related? My R230 is a May 2002 but only has 29k miles on it.

I posted a thread about my sbc issue, check it out if your interested. As DBS said its around 300k brake pedal depressions. Some come early some come later, it all depends on the cars driving style I suppose.

Hi guys,

I have the fault c249f and asked the UK customer services at Mercedes and got a 'No' in respect of a free replacement.

The guy I spoke to said Mercedes only replaced them when they within 3 years of purchase from and never replaced them after that.

I didn't argue but going off the forum others have had it done a lot later than 3 years?

Anyway I still need to resolve this. I have been informed that Actia Star is the more reliable diagnostic tool, but I don't want to spend that amount of money on tool, I would rather spend the money on the car.

I have been recommended Carsoft 7.4 for general budget tool, but i don't think it covers W211. Is it worth getting?

Also is there a step by step guide to change collector brushes on the pump?

Any help is greatly appreciated

mahussain

Like said above, counter reset does not help always. And life cycle is not only thing that is checked, there could be some other things that the trigger fault codes.

Star WITH developer mode is only thing that is 100% capable to reset the counter in case in can be reset, I've not heard anything about those chinese 'sbc reset tools' sold in ebay. They may work or then not. Cheap they are :rolleyes:

I highly doubt that brushes of motor are culprit, like in older ABS motors often were.

If there has been a re-set outside the main dealer net work is there a permanent record that is accessible by subsequent owners of the vehicle so that there is absolutely no doubt about the current state of the unit. ie the unit has not previously been re-set, once (date), a second time (date), a third time.......?

I am sure you understand the question and the possible implications.

I would like to know the answer about that too

just digging this old thread up to say I can now reset this issue too using DAS developer
if it doesnt fix it then there is no charge

zerocool said:
just digging this old thread up to say I can now reset this issue too using DAS developer if it doesnt fix it then there is no charge
need a reset where are you based

Ulverston Cumbria la12 postcode

You will need to become a forum supporter to advertise you business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom