SBC was reset by Indy - Will my SBC red message appear soon? If so how long do I have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I understand it, when the unit reaches the activation limit for the second time, you get the grey message again. A second reset would be tempting fate, but in the OP's shoes I'd not worry about the first reset - there will be the same number of activations again to go, and it's just started. Plenty of owners have the first reset done, and have no problems; actual pump failure is very rare, and I'd not lose any sleep over that possibility.

There will be those that say that the pump could still fail, so the unit must be replaced; my view is that anything on the car could fail, so on that principle you'd better replace everything...

Trigger's Broom must have lasted ages.

Dont want to ruin the op's party, I was really put off the W211 by the SBS but after reading various forums etc seems the cost is not as eye watering as once was so my question is how hard are the SBS pumps to remove for a diy mechanic?

Dont want to ruin the op's party, I was really put off the W211 by the SBS but after reading various forums etc seems the cost is not as eye watering as once was so my question is how hard are the SBS pumps to remove for a diy mechanic?

SBC ;) Simple if you know what you are doing.

SBC ;) Simple if you know what you are doing.
Yes agree, after doing lots more research not the devil some people would make you believe and I can now buy my W211 estate when I find the right one and still sleep at night :)

Apart from the cost of a replacement SBC unit (not hugely expensive nowadays), the only real downside to SBC is that the system can only be bled with a STAR.

If you’ve ever had the SBC go pop on you while driving and your brakes are reduced by (what feels like) 90% - like I have - you’d be getting it swapped pronto!

If you’ve ever had the SBC go pop on you while driving and your brakes are reduced by (what feels like) 90% - like I have - you’d be getting it swapped pronto!

Very true, you need an awful lot of pedal effort to slow the car down even at low speed.

Yup, just 10% braking efficiency, no assistance and only to the front discs. Not something I'd relish experiencing on a windy A road or in town come to that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom