SBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, how much are SBC pumps nowadays? All the information I find online is from many years old.

I don’t need one now, but it is good to know for the future. My S211 is now on 228K, just had a service and a clean bill of health..

Thanks
Abs

Dronsfields were suppying new pumps for £795 a couple of years ago but whether that is still the case I'm unsure. Indy labour to change and bleed should take you up to £1k ish. Dealer is £1500+ I read.

Used to be able to buy your own pump from this place but the website isn't working now?
http://www.autoteilemann.de/hydraulikaggregat-bre-634533.html

Plenty of used ones, some reconditioned on eBay. Just make sure the part# matches yours.
This thread is worth bookmarking for when the dreaded warning comes.
W211 possible SBC pump failure

Thanks for the info Rog, didn’t know you could fit used ones?

As long as its the same part number you can fit a used one. Mind you, it may fail again a day later:wallbash:

I'd consider a reconditioned unit though.

As long as its the same part number you can fit a used one. Mind you, it may fail again a day later:wallbash:

I'd consider a reconditioned unit though.

Have you had yours changed Rog?

Mines on 228K, p/o has owned it the last 100K and it hasn’t been changed during that time.
So I assume the owner before him has changed it?

Have you had yours changed Rog?

Mines on 228K, p/o has owned it the last 100K and it hasn’t been changed during that time.
So I assume the owner before him has changed it?

Mine has a date code of July 08 so yes, its not the original pump.

Mine has a date code of July 08 so yes, its not the original pump.

It’s a shame, it’s such a good system actually. (Apart from the noise)

He is a sponsor on the other forum.

Good feedback? Well that’s sorted then :) £350 is fine by me + labour to fit I guess 2-3 hours? Not the end of the world really.

The pump on my sl r230 has just reached its lifetime threshold at 78k miles.!!! Indie says £1500 to replace.

The pump on my sl r230 has just reached its lifetime threshold at 78k miles.!!! Indie says £1500 to replace.

Mate, there is a guy who rebuilds these as new for £350 on other forum. Would you like me to send the info?

I guess you’ve driven a lot around town for it to go at 78K?

Thanks but I will stick to the Mercedes part when it comes to my wife's brakes (Its her car) as I still quite like her. Total cost (just picked it up) was £1300 (pump £900 plus two rear brake pipes fluid and labour.)
I too was surprised that the threshold had been reached at 78k. She has had it since 40k and does mixed driving, but it was a London car before her so maybe.

pump £900

That’s reasonable actually, I’ll get it from Merc when mine needs doing too. Cheers :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom