Sbs 2003

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
I have a problem (again).

I need to reinstall SBS 2003 (R2) on my server. I have lost the first cd and it is no longer obtainable from Dell or Microsoft.

Bit cheeky, but does anyone have a CD1 one that I can borrow? Happy to send pics of Licensing sticker etc if required, but rather desperate not to have to go to SBS 2008.

Obviously happy to pay postage, beer tokens or anything less.

I have SBS 2003 around somewhere but sadly it's not R2. Let me know if it's any use and I could do something for you perhaps...

I'll check when I'm back in the office monday, if you can wait til then...

I think, alas R2 is a very different version to R1. Thanks for the offer though.

Yep you're right it is very different. My discs would only be of use if you were happy to downgrade.

If you have a valid licence there are a few sites that may carry an ISO image of a restore CD. Having said that MS are usually quite hot at cutting them even though you have a legit licence.

I have a complete set of ms disks at work so should have it. I'll have a look on Monday and reply back if I find it....

Gents, cheaky, but desperate! thought I would just kick this back-up after a heavy weekend!

Microsoft would want £15 I believe for replacement media had they still got any. Happy to pass this on, or to donate to charity...

I had a dig around this morning and cannot find R2 - only R1 sorry...

Well I have just solved my problem :doh:

It turns out that Dell have branded CD1, but none of the other CD's. Result is what I thought was a drivers CD, was what I needed. Makes sense as I was not sure how I had managed to loose only 1 CD. Normally I would do the job properly and loose the lot.

Once again thanks to all who tried to help - I am sorry for the inconvenience.

David

Well I have just solved my problem :doh:

It turns out that Dell have branded CD1, but none of the other CD's. Result is what I thought was a drivers CD, was what I needed. Makes sense as I was not sure how I had managed to loose only 1 CD. Normally I would do the job properly and loose the lot.

Once again thanks to all who tried to help - I am sorry for the inconvenience.

David

Glad you got it sorted, thanks for the update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom